Just moved, Data not working on my Focus :S

sunshine182

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just finished moving to Colombia (since my job required it), and since I knew I was going to be here for six months, I decided to buy an unlock code for my Focus, and acquire a mobile plan here.
Unlock code worked fine, I am able to send, receive calls and SMS, but I just can't seem to get my data working properly.
I already called my Carrier (Tigo), and they told me to fill out the following under APN:

TIGO Colombia WEB Settings:
Connection Name : Tigo Web
Access Point Name (APN) : web.colombiamovil.com.co
User Name : Blank
Password : Blank
Gateway IP : 200.058.228.081
Port : 8080
Authentication: Normal

but the thing is my phone only allows me to fill out:
APN
User Name
Password
Proxy Server / URL
Proxy Port

Someone recommended me to download the Wifi manager from Samsung Apps, but it's not compatible with the Focus >.>
does anyone have a solution for this?

sunshine182

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I did, and the Data plan only works like 1/15th of the time. I know it's not the carrier - tried the sim on an other phone and it worked like a charm.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Then I would try putting, "200.058.228.081" in for the APN. If that doesn't work you'll probably need to take your phone to a Tigo store and see if they can help you.

sunshine182

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Then I would try putting, "200.058.228.081" in for the APN. If that doesn't work you'll probably need to take your phone to a Tigo store and see if they can help you.

That didn't work but thanks for the suggestion! :)

Network Profile is the one that works with the Focus, is that the one you've tried?
I downloaded that one too, but Idk how it works..

The option is set to ON, and the Active profile is ATT. When i click on the box to selects profiles, it only displays ATT.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh, ugh...I was thinking of Wireless Manager for the Gen 1.5 phones--that's the one that allows you to change the APN. Can't use that one on the Focus, of course.

Well, I'd try putting the web.colombiamovil.com.co part in the Proxy/URL line, and something like "Tigo" or "Tigo Columbia" in the APN line.

That's all I've got :blush:

sunshine182

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something recently, data usage such as Youtube and file downloads work seamlessly... yet apps like Facebook, Whatsapp and even the integrated MSN/Facebook chat... those won't work.

any more suggestion guys?

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I would guess YouTube and file downloads work because they use Port 80, whereas the others might not.

Instead of Port 8080 in the APN settings, try just 80?

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I would think web.colombiamovil.com.co goes there. Like on ATT, I had to put something.cingular.com in the URL blank...

sunshine182

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I was told by another WP user that It might have something to do with the SIM card.
My SIM card says 64KB on it... The other WP user has a different Carrier, Same phone, but his sim says 128KB. Worked fine on my phone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium