The Focus feels plasticky and cheap.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Wth? Thinking people say this? I recently shattered the screen on my Titan and went back to my old dear Focus. Man, it's like coming home. I forgot how amazing this thing feels in your hand. It feels like a luxury item to me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wth? Thinking people say this? I recently shattered the screen on my Titan and went back to my old dear Focus. Man, it's like coming home. I forgot how amazing this thing feels in your hand. It feels like a luxury item to me.
The Focus is a very good device, there is no argument there. In fact, I'd argue it's the best of the original group. It was not the best selling 1st gen device for nothing. However, it does "feel" cheap and plasticky compared to other phones. I know they're well-assembled but the choice of materials makes it feel kinda Wal-Martish whereas a device like the LG Quantum or Dell Venue Pro feels like Neiman-Marcus in comparison. Of course, this all subjective so take it for what it's worth.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd compare it to a dummy phone, like those that the carrier kiosks use. When I picked up the Focus it felt just like a dummy phone.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The 917 definitely doesn't feel like a "luxury" phone, but it does everything better than the 937 except for thinness, weight, screen, form (the Focus doesn't sit flat and the square slab of S just feels better when typing), and overall looks.

That said, if someone wanted to give WP a try without extending their contract and they were on ATT, the original Focus is the one to get.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung makes lightweight plasticky phones. Its what they are known for. They make good devices, beautiful screens, but they care more about weight and cost than touch and feel. That's just how it is. They make Hondas. If you want a Mercedes, you go with Nokia or HTC or an iPhone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The Focus feels plasticky and cheap but its the Most durable WP out of ALL of the first GEN....

it feels cheap ,but feeling is often wrong or miss leading ;)

honestly my focus has taken more of a beating then any other phone Ive ever had, and doesn't even have a broke pin on it.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea Im still rockin my OG Focus waiting on Apollo and if this thing gets Apollo (unlikely) I will keep it til it dies cause I have a 3500mAh battery that lasts an eternity lol

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I "feel" a lot of nonsense here.

FWIW, I drive a mercedes and an audi, but I chose Samsung kitchen appliances and a Samsung Focus. Samsung also produced the first Windows 8 device, and has the best slate of ultrabooks on the market -which, btw, are not cheap.

I'll put up my robust 36.9-GB-install Samsung against any fancyfeelingonly device out there.

There :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs