Touch screen problem

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, this problem just cropped up on my gfs' Focus 2 or 3 days ago. The touch screen is acting as though there is someone touching it almost all the time.

For example, when you start up the phone and need to enter your pin, it doesn't detect the presses of the numbers. You have to touch on/near the buttons several times and force it to work.

When trying to scroll it scrolls only while your finger is in contact with the screen. There is no "slow down" when vertically scrolling like there normally is.

Sometimes, it would work fine for about 20-30 seconds but it would start doing this again.

We then did a soft reset, then a hard reset, as I suspected it might have been a bug in the firmware, to no avail. The problem still occurs. Now, since the phone has been reset, it gets to the screen where you enter your live ID and it permanently presses the q key on the on screen keyboard.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix the issue? Is it possible fluid or dust got in the side of the screen by the 'q' key and is grounding the capacitive touch screen there? Would taking the backplate off and removing the outer frame allow for me to let this dry/blow out said dust with air? Any ideas would be helpful.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
You've tried the most radical fixes, Immortal one. I'd guess the phone has been dropped and/or the screen damaged irreparably otherwise.

This calls for a heroic act. A guy worthy of the name ImmortalWarrior should streak or swoop or appear into a local retailer and pick up a new phone for his gf -ideally, a new Focus. ;)

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I suspect water got in the edge of the screen via slightly wet fingers. Normally that sort of thing wouldn't cause an issue as I use lightly dampened cleaning cloths but, naturally, sh*t happens.

She has a new lumia 900 now :) lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre