Hi, just got my I917 yesterday and everything was fine except that I can't connect to wifi networks. First I tried in my home with and without password and then in other open networks. When I tried to connect with pass it says that the password is incorrect, and when it's open says that the network it's not responding. The version of the SO is 7.10.7720.68. Anyone knows if it's a bug of this version? I have been looking for a solution all day long and nothing works...I need to know if it's a phone issue or only an SO issue so I can apply the warranty.
    Thanks in advance
    05-21-2012 06:11 PM
    Hi, just got my I917 yesterday and everything was fine except that I can't connect to wifi networks. First I tried in my home with and without password and then in other open networks. When I tried to connect with pass it says that the password is incorrect, and when it's open says that the network it's not responding. The version of the SO is 7.10.7720.68. Anyone knows if it's a bug of this version? I have been looking for a solution all day long and nothing works...I need to know if it's a phone issue or only an SO issue so I can apply the warranty.
    Thanks in advance
    Connect to Zune and check for an update, you should be on 8107. Not that this is the problem but it it's always best to be on the latest firmware before exploring any further.
    05-21-2012 06:35 PM
    Welcome, Pablo: I hope you'll get to enjoy this excellent phone eventually. I have the same version you have and I have a perfectly functioning Focus; 7720.68 is the original Mango version released last fall. Version 8107 was made available this year to fix certain problems -such as a vanishing keyboard- that I never experienced.

I have strictly installed only Zune-initiated updates since new and haven't experienced any issues at all -and I have a successful 32GB-card install on my Focus. Connecting to Zune will not prompt the 8107 update, but as fatclue notes, this wi-fi problem you have is not an 8107 problem anyway -or at least I haven't seen it reported as such.

I would patiently try getting it to work, or get a knowledable party to try; but, if you're confident you know what you're doing, and having tried various networks, I'd attibute it to a faulty device or radio and return it post haste.

Good luck getting it to work, or gettiing one that does.
    05-22-2012 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD