Battery Icon Always zero

barry.weston

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The other day I charged my wifes Focus, and the indicator remained about 3/4 full.

I charged it last night, same deal, so I pulled and replaced the battery which then told me it was crtically low. So I swapped the batter to my focus and it was fully charged. Dropped my battery into her focus and it still is critical, but the phone is really charged.

Before I try a reset, any suggestions to trip it back to working the way it should? A battery calibrator?

The phone is not rooted/jailbroken, so no Home Brew solutions will work :(

Any help is appreciated.

CHecked the forums, but anyone with simliar issues never had a solution posted.

Thanks.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually just had something similar happen to me yesterday.

When I was at work, the phone died. So on my way home, I had it plugged into a USB charger in my car. I have a 1 hours commute home.

When I arrived at home, and unplugged the phone, I was surprised to hear the "battery low" alert. So I got inside, and plugged it into a wall charger (Kindle Fire charger.)

I woke up this morning, and when I took the phone off the charger, it still said battery is critically low. So I powered down the phone, removed the battery and waited 1 minute. When I plugged it back in, it no longer had the critical battery warning, but it now showed a full charge with the heart icon over the battery.

I went into the battery saver settings, and both settings were checked. I unchecked "battery saver mode now" and the heart went away. Then the phone showed 98% charged.

Having had a WP7/7.5 device for well over a year now, this was, by far the most awkward little bug I've encountered.

I guess my only suggestion would be pull the battery for 30 seconds or longer, then turn it back on and check all battery saver settings over. Good luck to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven