I have a Samsung Focus on Rogers. It just notified me this morning that an update (Tango?) is available.

My phone is unlocked and I have enabled internet sharing so I'm afraid to update as it will probably relock my phone and I may lose Internet Sharing.

Can any Rogers' Focus owners who have installed the update comment on whether this update finally enables Internet Sharing officially?

Thanks!
    07-17-2012 12:01 PM
    are there no other Rogers' Focus users out there?
    07-18-2012 01:29 AM
    I updated our 3 v 1.3 focii to tango via Rogers and can clarify several of your questions. It will relock your phone but as long as you do not receive a Samsung update you can re-windowsbreak your phone. Internet Sharing wasn't enabled by the update but I already had enabled it on 1 of our focii and after the update it still works. So, no but yes. Hope this helps and of course ymmv.
    bradleyj likes this.
    07-20-2012 12:00 PM
    I updated our 3 v 1.3 focii to tango via Rogers and can clarify several of your questions. It will relock your phone but as long as you do not receive a Samsung update you can re-windowsbreak your phone. Internet Sharing wasn't enabled by the update but I already had enabled it on 1 of our focii and after the update it still works. So, no but yes. Hope this helps and of course ymmv.
    Thanks alot, that does help clarify. BTW, I noticed that even using the Internet Sharing once would cause the phone to have wifi/3g issues until the phone was totally/hard reset (a simple reboot was not enough), did you experience the same issue with your focus as well?

At the moment, i just leave WIFI off all the time since i have used internet sharing and now the data connection will sometimes 'hang' if both 3G and wifi are turned on.
    07-20-2012 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD