Question About This Phone

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I currently have an HTC HD7 and it has alot of hardware issues that HTC wont fix, so I'm considering buying a Focus of someone since Canada has limited Windows Phones. Does this phone have any big issues or anything? Any reviews would be nice. :)

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I currently have an HTC HD7 and it has alot of hardware issues that HTC wont fix, so I'm considering buying a Focus of someone since Canada has limited Windows Phones. Does this phone have any big issues or anything? Any reviews would be nice. :)

I bought a new Focus from atandt in August 2011 -paid $0.0 with a 2-year noose. I installed a 32GB card the first week, and the Zune-prompted Mango install on the first day that was issued last Fall. The phone has worked nearly flawlessly since new. It has "frozen" two or three times in 14 months. Otherwise, the only problem is that it will miss some calls, particulaly while I'm roaming, and especially internationally ...yes, I'm with Atandt. ;)

The Focus has great features and is the optimal size and weight for me. New phones have lost features and/or have gotten too big. My other requirements are expandability, a replaceable battery, and a great screen. This black beauty from Samsung has also proved to be quite durable: I regularly pop the cover to insert a fresh battery; I've dropped it several times, including once on my concrete garage floor; and I keep my case-less phone in my back pocket. It still looks like new, including a perfect screen. Amazon is still asking $235 for new ones, so the demand has held up for this gem. If this Focus died, I'd grab an Amazon one the same day.

Used electronics are generally a good buy; however, I do not recommend this for phones because users often ruin phones permanently with modifications, improvisations, etc., including many of the ones recommended on these forums. Shop patiently and skeptically, and good luck with your eventual choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa