The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Has anyone manually upgraded a Focus (locked and branded) and gotten no change in features. I ask because I believe this has happen to me. I followed the directions given here - Force updating your Windows Phone to OS build 8107 -- a WPCentral Tutorial | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews - to the T, everything went smoothly, and I have gotten the your up to date 8107 screen in zune. As far as getting the mms feature its a no go. Any clue?
    08-24-2012 11:39 PM
    Has anyone manually upgraded a Focus (locked and branded) and gotten no change in features. I ask because I believe this has happen to me. I followed the directions given here - Force updating your Windows Phone to OS build 8107 -- a WPCentral Tutorial | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews - to the T, everything went smoothly, and I have gotten the your up to date 8107 screen in zune. As far as getting the mms feature its a no go. Any clue?
    After waiting patiently for AT&T to fix my disappearing keyboard, your post inspired me to finally CAB update my Focus to 8107. I mean, why not? So far, so good!

However, unless you also had vanishing keyboard problems, you won't notice anything different with 8107.

You'll have to do a couple more updates to get to 8773 before you get new features. Be aware, however, that this appears to involve updated language packs too. The folks at XDA forums have links to the files. Otherwise, the update process is the same.

As for me, this update fixed my phone, so I'm happy. I'm going to wait before I gamble with 8773. I don't really use those features that it provides, and it might break things in new ways.

Good luck!
    08-25-2012 02:53 PM
    ok thx. That means with time on my hands I'm gonna make "A STUPID ACTION!!!" and try the 8112 and 8773 cab. Ill tell you how it goes.

UPDATE - I found a way to get the 8773 its here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1736993 - and got the pic/vid and ringtone MMS option but no voice option (don't really care bout it either). But there may be a problem. I've already experienced a app crash into random restart and a random restart. Sooooooo..........yeah. We'll see wats wat.
    Last edited by d03jke; 08-25-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Update
    08-25-2012 05:23 PM
    ok thx. That means with time on my hands I'm gonna make "A STUPID ACTION!!!" and try the 8112 and 8773 cab. Ill tell you how it goes.

UPDATE - I found a way to get the 8773 its here - Cab Sender and 8112 and 8773 TANGO! - xda-developers - and got the pic/vid and ringtone MMS option but no voice option (don't really care bout it either). But there may be a problem. I've already experienced a app crash into random restart and a random restart. Sooooooo..........yeah. We'll see wats wat.
    Hmmm, I like the files referenced in the 2nd post of this thread better: [CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8773 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

Like I said, there seem to be some newer language packs involved with Tango. Not sure if you used the new ones or the old ones. Also, I don't know if you have a Focus 1.3 or Focus 1.4. They don't always yield the same results when updated.

Hope you get your phone figured out!
    08-26-2012 01:19 AM
    Hope you get your phone figured out!
    Yup after a hard reset and a restore + a syncing of 4k song I'm back to normal.

Sent from my Focus via Board Express
    08-26-2012 05:39 PM
    Yup after a hard reset and a restore + a syncing of 4k song I'm back to normal.

I decided to be daring and load Tango on my Focus a couple days ago... So far, so good! The cab loader timed out at the end because my phone was taking too long to reboot, but it did reboot on its own. Everything worked out fine!

Of course, since then, they've moved our phone's forum into a tiny, little sub-forum. :(
    08-31-2012 02:06 AM
    Oh well. That's phone life. I'll just become one of the patience waiters of 7.8.

09-03-2012 08:04 AM