I will NOT buy another Samsung Windows Phone

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I like Windows Phone, and I like my Samsung Focus. However, after spending nearly an hour with Samsung Tech support in which they displayed total ignorance of Windows Phone I think i will go with Nokia next time around.

My issue was with the Samsung Mobile Print app not working properly on my Samsung Focus with skydrive or with my Samsung Multi-Function Wireless Laser Printer. The tech support denied that the app existed. Denied that it was a Samsung or Microsoft app (I reminded him you can't install non-official Marketplace apps...well, unlocked you can but that is another matter), and said all sorts of things that showed he had no familiarity with Windows Phone.

Anyway, everything Samsung ever does focuses on Android. I want an OEM which actually cares about Windows Phone and whose employees know it exists! Next time, I will be going with Nokia. /Rant

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Some good points there Bradleyj.

The whole Droid-centric thing may change in the near future with rumours that Samsung will focus (sorry for the pun) more on Windows Phone.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, that sucks.

They better step up their training. Nokia is coming on strong, and I believe that WP will become a really strong competitor sooner than many expect. Maybe in a year.

If they don't step up their game, then Nokia will almost he synonymous with WP and will be able to command moat of the business based on reputation.

fdigiorgio

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. My next windows phone will be a Nokia 920. I bought my Focus for a penny to see if I'd really like windows phone - which I do. Alot. My issues with the Focus are that I have to power off/power on every couple of days because the WiFi looses it's mind and won't connect.

Hang in there, the new phones are just around the corner...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb