A simple question

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, I have an original Samsung Focus on the AT&T network. Has served me gloriously since I got it in November of 2010. However, I'm ready to move on to the 920. It's time.

However, knowing that the phone is perfectly useable, I was hoping to give it to my mom so she can have a 'real' smartphone instead of the garbage she's using now. The dilemma is that she uses Pageplus cellular service in Florida which I believe uses the Verizon Network.

Is there a way for my Samsung Focus to be used on Pageplus' service? I'd imagine there would be a network unlock code I'd need to obtain.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The Focus is a GSM phone. Verizon has a CDMA network. They aren't compatible, so it won't work.

I feel this is a good opportunity to ask how one can go about identifying this? To my understanding, GSM and CDMA are two types of network with many sub types and frequencies. What types are classed as CDMA and GSM? LTE is GSM, HSPA+ is CDMA? etc.

speedylegs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you want to give you mom the focus see if she is willing to switch to H2O or Straight Talk wireless. They use the AT&T GSM network and the plans are comparable or exceed the plan from pageplus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb