Sgh i917 Samsung Focus ,Phone Only Shows Logo

1boatnut

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if other threads out there. I tried to search and found 1 but the links did not help me.

Ok so here is my issue and how it happened.My Samsung Sgh i917 will only show the white Samsung logo. If I do a hard restart,I can get the "are you sure you want to format screen"
I can also boot in to download mode.

Ok,so now that I can boot into download mode,what do I need to download to get the phone to work again?
It is a Windows 7,& under the battery it shows Rev 1.4.
The phone was a AT&T,but it is unlocked and my service is Family Miobile (basically T-Mobil from Walmart)
The phone was operating fine with the exception of not getting MMS pictures.I was told to put Zune on my computer,and if there were any up-dates ,Zune should pick them up. It did,and ever since I tried to perform the update the phone stopped working.
Any help would be appreciated. I am not very technical,but I can understand the basics.
Thanks in advance

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Before it started having this boot issue, was your phone mistaking a short press of the lockscreen button as a long press and shutting itself off?

1boatnut

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
So did the phone just start doing this or did you do something to cause this (ie: loading a ROM)?

I installed Zune on my computer.
When I connected the phone it stated there was a update.
I followed the update instructions,and thats when it happened.
The update stated do not turn off phone during update. I let the thing run all night long,and it still showed the same message that it was updating and do not turn off. After about 13 hours I decided to just remove the phone,resulting in the issue I have now

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I installed Zune on my computer.
When I connected the phone it stated there was a update.
I followed the update instructions,and thats when it happened.
The update stated do not turn off phone during update. I let the thing run all night long,and it still showed the same message that it was updating and do not turn off. After about 13 hours I decided to just remove the phone,resulting in the issue I have now

were you using the same cord and USB port that you've used before when updating your focus?

JSum

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sgh i917 Samsung Focus ,Phone Only Shows Logo - short/long press of lock screen

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. It began with problems with the short/long press of the lock screen button.

Then the phone started just turning off when I short pressed the lock screen button.

Now the phone only displays the white "Samsung" logo for a few seconds and will not power on even trying 2 different data/charge cables and 4 different batteries which have charge on them.

shenyijing

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
i think so,If it's the same thing that happened to my old Focus then it happens by itself. thank you
nUhUoK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos