Samsung SGH-I917 on Straight Talk

rdwhiteii

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
There isn't a thread that focuses on the Focus from Samsung. It, apparently, is different from the Focus S, Focus 4G, and Focus 2.
I am unable to get ANY APN settings whatsoever. Calling and SMS work, but nothing else, whatsoever. Several blogs and forums have suggested downloading Samsung's "Wireless Manager" but it is incompatible with the SSH-I917.
One (repeatedly copied) forum thread says to download Windows Phone SDK 7.1, but doesn't tell you where to get it. I found it on a Microsoft website, but it is an .exe file, with no instructions.
I am a total noob when it comes to windows phones. I haven't used one in 6 years. I haven't been a Windows phone user (for this reason). But I have friends who are stuck with such.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Similar to wireless manager there is another program in the samsung marketplace that's compatible with the focus, can't recollect the name though. That works on unlocked phones

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Similar to wireless manager there is another program in the samsung marketplace that's compatible with the focus, can't recollect the name though. That works on unlocked phones

It's called "Network Profile", which is short for "It won't work if your phone is not carrier unlocked, and even if it is, don't waste your time."

I have it, and there are two AT&T profiles on it, and neither gets you MMS, nor will allow you to access the Marketplace nor use navigation and maps from a cellular data connection. You still have to be on WiFi (nav by WiFi?).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's called "Network Profile", which is short for "It won't work if your phone is not carrier unlocked, and even if it is, don't waste your time."

I have it, and there are two AT&T profiles on it, and neither gets you MMS, nor will allow you to access the Marketplace nor use navigation and maps from a cellular data connection. You still have to be on WiFi (nav by WiFi?).

Well it does work for carrier unlocked att focus for setting up data apn but yes, mms is a no go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786