Galaxy Book 12 LTE Windows Mail client vs. Outlook '16, any data savings?

Scott8881

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Got my GB12 from VZW a week ago and so far I'm liking it better than my P4 4/128. Doesn't feel as nice compared to Alcantara, but having LTE is a huge benefit.

I'm using the machine with Exchange for my work, and I am curious if the Windows 10 Mail app would offer some data-saving advantages over opening full Outlook to triage messages? I haven't set the Mail app up yet, but I'm hoping it would work sort of like many mobile apps do where large attachments would not be automatically downloaded, etc. to save data.

At worst, I could go to the unlimited plan, and it would cost around $40 more per month for my family plan. Just trying to be cost conscious I guess...

Thanks for any help on this...

bill-e

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Not sure which saves more data, the mail app is very lite. Outlook has setting options to download headers only, the mail app has one to not download the complete message though I haven't turned that on so I don't exactly know how much it downloads.

I like the mail app because it better resembles a mobile mail client.

slamroc

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
The Windows 10 Mail app definitely uses less data than Outlook. However, I still use Outlook because when I connected to my work exchange account with the Mail app, I had to authorize the work server to take control of particular aspects of the computer (like the permissions you give when using on my mobile). Outlook allowed me to connect to the server without requiring this, so I go that route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans