My Amoled friendly wallpaper

capture.jpg
    05-31-2017 07:04 PM
    AMOLED Friendly? Is there Amoled unfriendly? My Spectre X360 13t has an an OLED screen. I just have a solid black wallpaper.
    06-07-2017 06:48 PM
    Is there Amoled unfriendly?
    Probably a solid white background.
    06-08-2017 12:29 AM
    Hahaha I guess hey? I read A LOT of questions concerning AMOLED burn in but have never read any first hand accounts of it actually being a problem. In theory it's supposed to be an issue but...
    06-08-2017 08:14 AM
    Hahaha I guess hey? I read A LOT of questions concerning AMOLED burn in but have never read any first hand accounts of it actually being a problem. In theory it's supposed to be an issue but...
    It's probably too early to say for now as it's something that'll probably sneak up on the majority of people.

The question is whether it'll make a difference during the device's service life as I've seen a Galaxy S II Skyrocket with a display that was mostly fine and a BlackBerry Q10 with horrible burn-in of the homescreen. (although there was another that was perfect - if you look online, you'll probably find cases in the reverse)

I hear these panels have improved a lot over the years too so
    06-08-2017 09:15 AM
    It's probably too early to say for now as it's something that'll probably sneak up on the majority of people.

The question is whether it'll make a difference during the device's service life as I've seen a Galaxy S II Skyrocket with a display that was mostly fine and a BlackBerry Q10 with horrible burn-in of the homescreen. (although there was another that was perfect - if you look online, you'll probably find cases in the reverse)

I hear these panels have improved a lot over the years too so
    I have very little exposure to OLED... this x360 being my first one. Although my daughter has an old Samsung Galaxy S3 mini that I believe is OLED and it looks fine. I'll just move my desktop icons around tobe safe
    06-08-2017 10:29 AM
    I have very little exposure to OLED... this x360 being my first one. Although my daughter has an old Samsung Galaxy S3 mini that I believe is OLED and it looks fine. I'll just move my desktop icons around tobe safe
    You'll probably be fine since you'd be doing stuff most of the time/hiding the desktop right?

I'd worry the most about the taskbar, but honestly, it might not even matter since its usually there anyway, like how I'm not sure I'll notice navigation button burn-in on my phone for a long time after it technically manifests.
    06-08-2017 12:06 PM
    Ya, it rarely sits on the desktop and the screen shuts off after 1 minute. Also, except for when it's in tablet mode, the taskbar auto hides. You're right, I think it will be fine.

As for your nav buttons, that might be a different story.
    06-08-2017 12:47 PM
    This may be ancedotal but I have a phone with amoled that she white indicators for wifi, cell signal, etc. There is not noticing burn there they are. And the one for Bluetooth is in the same spot always and is always there. If it was burned in it would be very obvious while watching a video or anything in landscape mode.
    JohnnyRedLight likes this.
    06-08-2017 06:59 PM
    AMOLED Friendly? Is there Amoled unfriendly? My Spectre X360 13t has an an OLED screen. I just have a solid black wallpaper.
    Mostly black background is friendly because it means the pixels are turned off and not drawing battery power. I never thought much of it myself because I don't look at my desktop or home screen much.
    06-08-2017 10:20 PM
    Makes sense. Nothing to worry about. I mean... obviously don't let it sit in the desktop 20 hours a day but in regular use I think we are all ok.
    06-09-2017 12:09 PM