Who's planning on getting a Galaxy Book 2?

bill-e

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Certainly not worth the upgrade from the original but I am interested in real world feedback. I would like to understand the difference from the always connected GB2 and the LTE version of the GB1 as an example. Are you using Win 10S or the full version? etc, etc.

bill-e

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Quite expensive for my tastes. I'd pass.

Not disagreeing with you on the price but it's really the same price as a smart phone and it comes with a keyboard. I find it quite amazing that so many people think nothing of dropping $800+ every year or two on a phone...who wudda thunk :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Not disagreeing with you on the price but it's really the same price as a smart phone and it comes with a keyboard. I find it quite amazing that so many people think nothing of dropping $800+ every year or two on a phone...who wudda thunk :)
I can see the comparison. Me, however, I have made a hard spending limit on phones. Trying to not break 750.

The specs are pretty good, but at the same time, it depends on how it's used.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Book 2 from Verizon and using Windows 10S. It's been a while since I ventured back to Windows and I have to say it is refreshing and suits my needs. I briefly tried a surface go but didn't like it overall as much as I like this Galaxy Book 2.

I like that it came with the keyboard, Pen and fast charging. Something most Surfaces don't give you and is add to raising the price. The Snapdragon chip in it is snappy and doesn't worry me much as I don't use super intensive programs. Would have like the windows hello cameras but the finger print sensor does a good job in that respect. I like the Dolby Atmos speaker setup it has but it will not be a audio power house.

The keyboard is not bad but is plastic and lights up. The pen I would say is better in the since that Samsung using the WACOM active layer on the screen and the pen requires no batteries. It last a great deal longer than most surfaces on battery life for sure. The hinge is just as good as a surface in positioning but thinner. the front and rear cameras are good as well. Overall I think I will keep it and it will replace my mac mini desktop that I am retiring. and will eventually replace my older iPad Pro 9.7 from yester year.

Right now I can get 2 - 3 days on the battery before I have to charge it back full then use it over again. This suits my needs but YMMV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism