Screen replacement

kadajawi

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So it happened... a drop from maybe 50 cm height onto a wooden floor killed my screen (that's pretty fragile!), for some reason it didn't stick to the keyboard when I took it out of my bag and slid to the ground. The glass itself is fine, but the actual panel is badly cracked (again, what the hell?).

a) This device is fragile as...

b) Does anyone have any experience with getting the screen replaced? How much did you have to pay? I even have a very hard time finding spare parts... shops that do offer spare parts typically don't have any stock, and repair guides... the most thorough guides I can find only get to the battery... :(

Seems like the TabPro S was really, really unpopular. It should be rather trivial to find parts and guides for most Samsung devices, but this... heck, even some obscure China tablets are easier to fix!

kadajawi

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I've received one quotation for 350 Euro... the other shops I've received an answer from can't even repair it, because they can't get the spare part. Samsung doesn't even want to tell me how much it'll cost, I should send it in so they can tell me.

Jay Tyndall

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I've received one quotation for 350 Euro... the other shops I've received an answer from can't even repair it, because they can't get the spare part. Samsung doesn't even want to tell me how much it'll cost, I should send it in so they can tell me.
Same issue here. Samsung wont quote it unless I send it in. No other repair shop can even get the part.

The thing doesnt also even charge properly. Its rubbish, and poorly designed. Typical samsung junk.

kadajawi

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't have issues charging it, did you put too much stress on the port? I have a Cube i7 Stylus where the charging port broke after little use. Now THAT is poorly designed, they did absolutely nothing to protect the charging port from breaking from the PCB. At least opening it is relatively easy, but that's of little use because soldering the little port to the PCB doesn't necessarily work, and it's on the same PCB as the rest of the mainboard. You can't replace it.

Contact https://www.sparkelectronics.nl/ for a quotation, they seem to have the required parts. However it may not make much financial sense, given the price of secondhand TabPro S. (Unfortunately the one I got seems to have had an accident with some liquid... the left speaker crackles, and the Windows button is sticky. Perhaps I'll try to open it one day and swap parts with my broken tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12