LED Flashing

talkalot#WP

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a way to get the LED to flash for emails, voicemail, missed calls, etc after the screen goes to sleep? Palm had an app for that but I don't see anything for the new Intrepid. Any help would be great!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't have an Intrepid but in Windows Mobile under Sounds and Notifications there are options to set how the LES,s will flash. Have you tried this? Let me know if that helps.

talkalot#WP

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Alert LED going blank

I don't have an Intrepid but in Windows Mobile under Sounds and Notifications there are options to set how the LES,s will flash. Have you tried this? Let me know if that helps.

The problem is as soon as the screen goes to sleep, the LED stops flashing. The menu item on the phone would lead you to beleive that the light would continue to blink but it does not. I have gone to a Sprint store and there display phone does the same thing. Seems like a bad design for the use that it is intended for. I am hoping that there is some software that would get this to work.

Last edited:

jmel

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I called sprint to report this, and they blew me off to samsung. I emailed samsung, then called, and they blew me off again. I then filled out the survey that samsung sent me via email in a negative way, and put in the comments that I was trying to report a bug and that the guy had a bad attitude...

He literally told me it was not a software problem at all before he even found out what model phone I was calling about. Then he couldn't find any documentation on the intrepid (bugs, tips, nothing...just literally nothing at all...like the phone didnt exist...) in his system.

I like everything on the phone so far minus the led blink issue and the stupid start menu and half assed menus in windows mobile 6.5... I'll be glad when they sort out the led thing and smooth out to 6.5.1...

jmel

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
That's is the same attitude I got from Samsung. I did find some software that works but not completely. Here is a link to it www.qorefunctions.com, the program is Repeating Alerts Pro

apparently the epix had a similar problem... read the pdf for the patch on it from samsung...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...d%3D%26prd_mdl_name%3DSGH-I907&token=g22sk7Fo

DO NOT INSTALL THIS CAB ON YOUR INTREPID... I tried it, and it makes the intrepid lose sound. I uninstalled the cab after I saw this, and sound returned.... There is something about the way samsung invokes powersave mode that disables hardware on the phone...

read more about the alerts app here before installing as well:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=samsung&message.id=72783

Last edited:

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
He literally told me it was not a software problem at all before he even found out what model phone I was calling about. Then he couldn't find any documentation on the intrepid (bugs, tips, nothing...just literally nothing at all...like the phone didnt exist...) in his system.

In your defense :)...that's because it doesn't. If you go to Samsung's web site, you can't even register the Intrepid yet; it says "your model number does not exist". So the guy probably assumed you were an idiot calling about some other manufacturer's phone, unfortunately.

We'll have to limp along for awhile. Inside that CAB that was posted for the Epix, there are two minor registry edits and a couple of new .DLL files. I think the key is in the DLL files, but it would be great if I was wrong and registry edits would simply fix this. I've been trying for hours with no luck other than getting the light to stay on while the phone is actually not suspended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99