Hi. My wife has an Omnia 7 and I love it and really want one when my current contract expires but there is something really winding her up and I was wondering if there was a way to stop this. Even when the phone looks to be right against the side of her head the screen reactivates during calls and here ear presses the Hold or end call buttons. This happens practically every phone call. Any advice?
    01-24-2011 05:44 AM
    Sounds like a defective proximity sensor, probably best to send it back. I've got an omnia 7 as do 2 of my mates and none them have the issue you describe.

Hopefully your carrier responds quickly with the returns process ;)
    01-24-2011 11:34 PM
    I too have an Omnia 7, and just adding that not once has this ever happened to me. As exomondo says, it could be a dodgy proximity sensor.

Hope you get fixed up soon bffig.
    01-25-2011 05:42 AM
    Another Omnia 7 user here who hasn't experienced that issue, take it back it's definitely defective
    01-26-2011 04:11 PM
    Yeah +1 on it being defective, if anything my phone annoys me with how it sometimes insists on closing off the screen even when I want it on...
    02-14-2011 05:22 AM
    This happens to me from time to time too. What I do now is when I've answered/dialled the call I immediately press the lock button so it doesn't come back on until I actually tell it to.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    03-13-2011 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD