Omnia 7 North American bands (Rogers/AT&T)

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There's been a bit of back and fourth about whether the Samsung Omnia 7 is compatible with North American networks, and the conclusion reached was that it wasn't. However, this doesn't appear to be accurate.

AT&T appears to be using the same bands as Rogers up here in Canada which are 850Mhz and 1900Mhz. Although most websites list the Omnia 7 as only using the 900Mhz and 2100Mhz bands, this isn't entirely accurate.

I have a Samsung Omnia 7, which uses 900Mhz, 1900Mhz and 2100Mhz bands, and works fully with 3G and HSDPA on the Rogers network. It's an unlocked Omnia 7, which I ordered from expansys.

So far, no problems, but I'll post in-case any come up.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick update, been using the phone for a few days, and I've noticed it randomly jump to Edge at times, but the phone is pretty much at all times displaying either 3G or 3G+. Other then that, still no problems :).

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, from Samsung's website, the Omnia 7 supports the following bands:

3G: 900/1900/2100
2G: 850/900/1800/1900

The phone will work fine on AT&T's 2G network since AT&T supports all 4 of those bands for 2G. However, AT&T uses 850 and 1900 for 3G. So, if you are within vicinity of a low-traffic 1900 3G tower, then you should get a HSPA or HSPA+ data connection.

Michael.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Works fine on AT&T

I've been using the Omnia 7 for a few months, on AT&T's network, no problems at all. For the most part it stays on 3G+ & 3G, and most of the time, outpaces my brother's Focus. Now out of the city limits, it does drop to EDGE, but then again so do all other phones, that are on AT&T's network.

dmacke

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Help with AT&T

I just got my Omnia 7 in today and am trying to use it on AT&T's network. I called customer support today to get my unlimited data for smartphones turned and they said they couldn't because the Omnia 7 wasn't showing up in their system. They tried applying just a standard mobile web but I still have no data. I can make calls and send texts just fine but data is a no go. I am sorry for hijacking this thread I just can't find much information to help. Thanks in advance.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Omnia 7 in today and am trying to use it on AT&T's network. I called customer support today to get my unlimited data for smartphones turned and they said they couldn't because the Omnia 7 wasn't showing up in their system. They tried applying just a standard mobile web but I still have no data. I can make calls and send texts just fine but data is a no go. I am sorry for hijacking this thread I just can't find much information to help. Thanks in advance.

Did you have a data package before you got the Omnia 7? I switch phones every few months, and I never tell AT&T anything about the handset I'm using. Didn't tell them any different when I started using my Omnia 7. I have no problems with calls, texts, & data. I don't have unlimited data, cause I'm in wifi hotspots the majority of the day and night. I will switch 3G off completely during the times I'm in wifi spots, cause it's just plain faster. My brother with the Droid Charge on Verizon's 4G, loves his phone and the few 4G spots, does the same as well when he is in a wifi spot.

You might have to tell AT&T you have a Focus(which is the american cousin of the Omina 7), to get your unlimited data on for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12