Shopping for new phone

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Focus and a bunch of other phones recently. So far my Focus has been the best phone I've used. I really want to try the Omnia 7, but the extra $100 over the Focus price tag scares me a bit. Is the extra $100 US worth it?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I found one for $200 and it's mine! Hurry up Mr UPS man and bring my new phone!
LOL I know for a fact you will love the design it's simply gorgeous compared to the plasticy Focus. :)

Please let me know what you think of it when it arrives. :)

Some people just have no patience. ;)

sweetsourwp7

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Omnia 7 is much better, since it is the only WinPhone that has a soldered flash memory instead of a SD-Card. Gives you about 100% additional write speed. If you sync large music data with Zune you will notice the difference.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Wahooo! I got my Omnia7 today! I like it much more than my Focus. The shape and materials are better. I didn't like how the focus seemed platicy.
The best feature though... Is definitely that the start button is an actual button.
3g and everything seems to be working just fine on ATT. I was also able to force the Mango update :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

L

lumic

The Omnia looks great and runs great. The only downside compared to the Focus would be the lack of an SD slot. Unless you can get the 16GB version, 8GB is pretty painful.

It's going for pretty cheap around, I got mine on a 12-month plan (ha!). If you've got money to spare, I'd recommend waiting for the Focus S or Flash.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Wahooo! I got my Omnia7 today! I like it much more than my Focus. The shape and materials are better. I didn't like how the focus seemed platicy.
The best feature though... Is definitely that the start button is an actual button.
3g and everything seems to be working just fine on ATT. I was also able to force the Mango update :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
Great stuff gekkoace, it didn't take too long to arrive for you. So pleased you like it, my favourite thing is the design, i just love square chocolate bar shape, but the all metal construction does hurt your teeth when you try to eat it.

What i always wonder is why didn't they just release the Omnia in the US too.

Oh well, won't matter now that you have one to add to your collection. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb