11-04-2011 12:47 PM
55 123
tools
    No idea about the T-Mobile software myself Stig i'm afraid as i'm with 3, who give you nothing but a 3 app which amounts to nothing more than links to websites.

I'm sure someone on T-Mobile UK will chip in with their advice.

Thanks for my thanks by the way. :)
    11-03-2011 11:14 AM
    Can I just update the firmware on the device? (And so not loose any data on it.)

As I've mentioned before I have Mango but the firmware didn't get updated so it can't access the compass etc..

I've looked on SamFirmware.com but can't make out which firmware is which (since the numbers they use bear no resemblance to the 2424.11.8.5 (or higher) I'm looking for.
    11-04-2011 07:58 AM
    Hi Podsnap unfortunately if you flash one of the SamFirmware ROMS you will lose everything on your phone.

What network are you on again was it T Mobile ?

There are carrier specific ROMS on the XDA developer forrums, i went back to a 3 UK one as my unbranded Omnia didn't get the Internet Sharing option.

I got it after updating through Zune with my 3 ROM and got it fine.
    11-04-2011 10:45 AM
    Ah, that's rubbish!

I'm on Virgin Mobile (who use the T-Mobile network).

I was hoping that when T-Mobile released the update I'd get my firmware updated.

Sadly nothing so far.

Oh well, next week sometime, I'll have to go through the whole process yet again! :(
    11-04-2011 12:07 PM
    Not sure if T-Mobile UK have the added firmware update after Mango, I thought they did to be honest, but not 100% sure.

Perhaps someone will pop in and confirm.
    11-04-2011 12:47 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD