Internet Sharing (Tethering)

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for butting in here Stig, but there are a few Carrier ROMS here. (Including T-Mobile UK)

Omnia 7 i8700 ALL VERSIONS AND CSCs RETAIL ROMs (now even some NODO) - xda-developers

(And unbranded as well) :)

There are quite a few roms located in that link, is there any particular chance u can link to the exact t-mobile uk rom? I was initially on t-mobile uk but flashed to a non branded rom to get the mango update, (as u well know WeeBear) but still haven't received update to allow Internet sharing, so would like to go back to original t-mobile uk rom.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a few roms located in that link, is there any particular chance u can link to the exact t-mobile uk rom? I was initially on t-mobile uk but flashed to a non branded rom to get the mango update, (as u well know WeeBear) but still haven't received update to allow Internet sharing, so would like to go back to original t-mobile uk rom.
Says the T-Mobile UK ROM is included in this one karupin101 :)

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Just select the correct crc code (TMU) when you're flashing. (So to speak) LOL

:)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a crc code (tmu)? And what would be the correct one?

Thanks again for ur help WeeBear!
Well you select the right pda/csc code into the flashing program to give you the T-Mobile UK ROM karupin.

You should see all the different files in that download just choose the one for T-Mobile UK. :)

Sorry i meant CSC

I'll download it too, just to check what i'm talking about makes sense for you LOL

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes OK downloaded now karupun, once you have the ROM into the flashing program look for the CSC button and load the appropriate T-Mobile UK file which is....

signed_CSC_Cetus_Europe_I8700TMUJJ6.csc

Then once you have your phone connected click start and it should be T-Mobile UK when completed. Then you can start your Zune updates progressing to Mangoi and hopefully including the Internet Sharing option.

Doses that make sense to you karupin ? :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
flash.jpg

Probably better than me trying to explain it for you. Here's a screen grab of the flashing software and files. :)

(Your download area may not match mine though so ignore that)

Hope that helps. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You're too kind WeeBear, everything's crystal clear. (I can't promise I won't encounter problems, sods law and all... Lol)
Glad to help karupin101, and of course it will work first time.

I have every confidence in you. I shall await your positive news that you have magically obtained a T-Mobile UK Omnia 7 with Internet Sharing after your updates. :)

Yikes! LOL

May the force be with you!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here is what I found and kinda expected. If you interop unlock and hack your internet sharing, or use one of the freedom roms then at&t won't know you're using it and you won't get charged. If you use an official update to get tethering hen at&t slips in a little but if code to ensure you're paying extra for the capability.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

karupin

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just finished flashing my omnia 7 to a t-mobile uk rom. Everything went well. Second time I've flashed the phone now, (both times with huge help from weebear!) Currently running mango with my internet sharing option. I played about with the phone after the initial flash, you tend to forget how slow each of the animation transitions were between each of the screens on NoDo and pre-mango.

Anyway, I think I can live with a t-mobile flash screen when booting up, the tethering option will help me to overlook it, :p

Thanks again weebear!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just finished flashing my omnia 7 to a t-mobile uk rom. Everything went well. Second time I've flashed the phone now, (both times with huge help from weebear!) Currently running mango with my internet sharing option. I played about with the phone after the initial flash, you tend to forget how slow each of the animation transitions were between each of the screens on NoDo and pre-mango.

Anyway, I think I can live with a t-mobile flash screen when booting up, the tethering option will help me to overlook it, :p

Thanks again weebear!
Fantastic news karupin101 you're very welcome. Yes Mango really makes a difference.

I can live with my 3 splash screen too, for all the times you see it, it won't matter.

Much rather have Internet Sharing for sure. :)

Lucaat

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why do all the operator phones get tethering and im stuck without it on an open market unbranded phone!? Got 7740 today, still no wifi tethering. Sucks.

Contact Microsoft: Not our problem, tell Samsung.
Contact Samsung: Not our problem, tell Microsoft.

What gives? :mad:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Yeah that's why I flashed my Omnia 7 back to 3 a few weeks ago, as the netorks added tethering while my unbranded Omnia was being ignored.

Very annoying, but I guess it's down to Samsung to enable tethering on their unbranded devices.

Surprised they still haven't got around to it. :(

Welcome along to WPCentral Blinxat, hope they get their finger out soon.

WuzzoUK

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Probably better than me trying to explain it for you. Here's a screen grab of the flashing software and files. :)

(Your download area may not match mine though so ignore that)

Hope that helps. :)
Same boat as karupin101 - followed your advice -worked perfectly and now up to date with tethering. Small matter of reinstalling all my apps. Pity Zune can't do that.

Thanks

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ah good stuff WuzzoUK

Yes it's a bit of a pain installing your apps again but it was well worth it for me to obtain tethering.

My internet went down yesterday for a while and my beloved Omnia with tethering came to my rescue, it worked perfectly. Happy days! :)

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here is what I found and kinda expected. If you interop unlock and hack your internet sharing, or use one of the freedom roms then at&t won't know you're using it and you won't get charged. If you use an official update to get tethering hen at&t slips in a little but if code to ensure you're paying extra for the capability.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Can I ask how you know this? A "friend" of mine is concerned about this very issue. ;)

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss