New update - 7740.16

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I just connected my phone to Zune to sync podcasts and got notification of an update available, v7740.16. It fixes an issue with Exchange 2003 and something that I can't remember. I've not noticed any difference.

I'm on a UK T-Mobile Samsung Omnia 7.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not showing up on mine, yet, but looking for more info right now :)

USA AT&T Samsung Focus (out of contract purchase, however).

It's to address a bug in Windows Phone 7.5 which caused the omission of the original message when reply to/forward a mail related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.

Microsoft is delivering an update with build number 7.10.7740.16 that solves this issue. Along with that, Microsoft has also fixed the voicemail notification issue.

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha! I posted about this in the bugs thread way back when...and I didn't see anyone else post about it...anywhere. I'm glad I'm not crazy, I often have to check and make sure...(even the crickets fall silent when I try to be funny).

I'm in South Dakota, only a half-hour and change into 11/17, no update yet, but I am eagerly awaiting it. The temptation to stay up and wait for it may get the best of me. I've been so frustrated by the reply/forward blank messages bug, this'll be a huge convenience update for me.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I had an update today, but that was from Samsung. I haven't seen anything from Microsoft. Maybe it will happen today. My version is still 7720.68

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks The WeeBear. After you had reported to WPCentral that you had received the 7740 update I also was able to receive it yesterday evening. So hopefully others in Europe and the US will have it soon.

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Recieved a message on my phone today that the 7740 update is available. Received the HTC update last week. Happy days!

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
What was your route to Mango?

Initially I forced the upgrade through Zune with the disconnect trick. But I didn't get the firmware upgrade so couldn't use the compass.

But then I finally got the firmware upgrade through Zune so was completely Mango'd.

But now I can't get the 7740 update. I've tried a hard reset and that has no effect.

There seem to be a few of us on MS Answers with the same issue. Very frustrating. But at least I'm not missing any amazing features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre