With Lumia Hopes Dashed, Omnia 7 instead?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
This is an AWESOME phone, and I love the design. What does the tribe think about getting this? I love the home button, and it has some pretty good specs.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I got an Omnia 7 and yeah it's an awesome phone, love it to bits, but if you can go HTC Radar then I suggest that. Got one for my wife and its faster and smoother with second gen cpu. Also has FFC and the SLCD is way better then the SAMOLED on the Omnia 7. The Radar's camera is way better as well. Screen is only slightly smaller so not an issue I think especially if you were going for a Lumia as the Lumia is 3.7" and Radar is 3.8".

If Radar is a no go then I'd suggest the new second gen Samsung Focus for similar reasons to Radar (although haven't used one yet) and if you can't get that then yeah go the Omnia.

Omnia is a great phone but I think if you're buying a new phone now unless you need to go cheap cheap, get a second gen phone cause Omnia 7 is already over a year old and the second gen cpu seems a fair bit better then the first gen.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It took me a long time to decide which phone to buy but in the end I chose the Omnia 7 and couldn't be happier.

I love the design, the screen, the edge to edge class front, the shape, the feel.

It's all good.

That said, I'm with drg, if you're buying now you'd be better off getting a 2nd Gen phone although I think the Omnia W would make more sense since it's the replacement for the Omnia 7. (Not a fan of the Radar, just doesn't look good in my opinion.)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This is an AWESOME phone, and I love the design. What does the tribe think about getting this? I love the home button, and it has some pretty good specs.

I could've sworn that you were from the US. If so, you should look at the Focus Flash, since it has an actual button as well, and it is a second generation phone. If you are in Europe, why not the W over the 7?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
PS: Why aren't you getting the Lumia? My girlfriend is looking at buying one so just wondering.

The site I was going to get it from doesn't have it anymore. I'm trying to figure out a way to maybe pick one up on a European eBay site. I'm definitely getting the 800 or 900 when they hit the states, I was just looking for something play with until then.

I will have some extra funds from a few eBay deals so I will be playing with house money here! I have checked out the radar, pretty cool, but I like the AMOLED screens a little more.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the AMOLED screens are amazing. The screen on the iPhone 4S is impressive for a LCD but I just can't get away from the amazing blacks of the AMOLED. And the viewing angles are also impressive. Just makes LCD feel like old tech.

L

lumic

8GB is a real pain. The Lumia's camera would be much better, and Nokia Drive is pretty compelling. If those three aren't a huge dealbreaker for you, take the Omnia at a cheap price. Apollo is ideally the time to update - get a phone that will help you survive a year, then get serious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium