Got my Omnia 7 and....

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
This phone should've been released here. Titan aside, it is the best WP I've played with yet.

Great heft, feels iPhone-esque in its weight, home button kicks ***, feels great in the hand, button turns it on, design is very good.

Im now convinced that premium build on a Nokia could sway the tide more. Very high quality device. Will slip the s card in for a few days and give it a go.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I love it, but unfortunately, the microsim adapter broke, and now I need to order another one. Do you have any suggestions?
Huuh! Microsim? Where does that come from? MY Omnia 7 does not have a microsim. Something I have missed. I know that Nokia Lumia 800 has one, but Samsung Omnia 7?
I am confused.

TheWeeBear, have you replaced your Samsung Omnia 7 or do you have several handsets?

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't know where to get a Microsim adaptor other than ebay or my network store. LOL

Plenty on ebay UK, i'm sure the US ebay will be the same. :)

micro sim adaptor | eBay

Yes plenty on the US ebay too.

microsim adapter | eBay
TheWeeBear, are these adapters to be used with a microsim in a phone that does not have microsims natively (i.e. Omnia 7) or is the purpose to shape an "ordinary" sim card to a microsim?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It was baseballbert who was looking for one perpear, they just let you use a microsim as a normal sized simcard. I am now the proud owner of a Titan perbear. :D

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So what happened to your old Omnia 7? I am getting fonder of mine so I don't know what to do with the Nokia that I bought. Switch and give the old one away or give the new one away and keep the old? well, a first world problem.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So what happened to your old Omnia 7? I am getting fonder of mine so I don't know what to do with the Nokia that I bought. Switch and give the old one away or give the new one away and keep the old? well, a first world problem.
Half of Scotland was begging me for it, so I accepted the first offer I couldn't refuse perpear. :D

Do you prefer it to the Nokia ? Decisions Decisions. ;)

I would have thought you would have preferred a newer generation phone but I can understand wanting to keep the Omnia, it's a fantastic phone, I was going to keep mine as I've never had any problems at all with it.

I just have my Titan now, but i'm delighted with it, so quite happy. :)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Thetes an 800 on ebay around 500. Thinking about it. iOS is good, and iPhone is great hardware but all of the subtleties of wp I miss. Although I think I like the smaller phone better.

Typing, contact sync, office and sky drive Zune too. Som card adapter should be here soon so I can use the 7.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I love it, but unfortunately, the microsim adapter broke, and now I need to order another one. Do you have any suggestions?

I bought a SIM cutter off Ebay. I found it's best to start with a normal size SIM and cut it, then use the leftover piece as a holder when it's in a normal SIM slot. Fits tighter and better than the adapters.

The SIM card cutters on Ebay are less than $5 US

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Baseballbert, I am not planning on departing with the Nokia. It is a matter of someone else in the family will receive it as a Christmas present.
To my shame I must confess Theweebear, that I have not unpacked it yet, not more than glancing at it and check that everything is there. But that was how it was with my Omnia. I just let it rest and if I not had been found out by my partner that I indeed had a smartphone I would probably had not begun to use it daily as I am very anti-3. But I still have to pay the monthly fee for another year and then switch simcards to Swedish Tele2. By the way is it safe to configure another carrier's messages settings. Will both of my carriers settings be stored or do I have to reset every time i change the simcard. The reason for wanting to change simcards is to check whether one carrier is better than the other and how much I call for every month so I am prepared for arguments whether to keep with a pre paid monthly sum or as I go.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi perbear, you will need to use the network settings app each time you use another carrier.

Quite simple to do, although its a bit of a pain if you swap SIMS a lot.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
This phone is pretty awesome, still haven't actually used it as a phone just media player, but it has a drawback. Its slicker'n pigeon poop.

It has slipped out of my hand several times. I've got clear film full body skin coming (which are pretty tacky) and a black silicon case so that should make it easier to grip.

Looking forward to actually using it as a phone.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This phone is pretty awesome, still haven't actually used it as a phone just media player, but it has a drawback. Its slicker'n pigeon poop.

It has slipped out of my hand several times. I've got clear film full body skin coming (which are pretty tacky) and a black silicon case so that should make it easier to grip.

Looking forward to actually using it as a phone.

You will love the Omnia .....its the best, and most sexy 1st gen hardware for WP7. Did you get the 16gb or 8GB??

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
yeah 16gb is the way to go for sure. I can squeak by with 16gb on my phones but prefer 32 or more :) My backup (Focus Flash) has only 8gb so i have to pick and choose what I throw on it whic h I dont like doing :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs