My omnia 7 for some reason has absoloutley terrible internet connection over wifi. it very rarely goes over half a mb per second and often doesnt connect at all. other devices in the same house (like my ipod touch) are constantly fine and get speeds like 4mb/s depending on how far away from the modem they are.

i have tried everything to fix this, i have restored my phone, updated it, turned on/off everything and even taken it to my provider to get the phone repaired. nothing has worked

has anyone else had these troubles? any tips would be great
    12-26-2011 09:54 PM
    My omnia 7 for some reason has absoloutley terrible internet connection over wifi. it very rarely goes over half a mb per second and often doesnt connect at all.
    Interesting to hear this, omniajosh. I've just noticed the same thing with mine. I have been having a number of issues with WiFi and my Omnia 7. Mostly with it not connecting to my router at home. After much searching the internet and evetually giving up, I noticed that the connection issue was fine after the Mango update.

However, I have been trying to get to the bottom of why browsing, downloading large games and syncing over WiFi was taking ages (in the case of syncing, I tried and gave up numerous times). I hadn't thought about installing a speedtest app until someone mentioned it on here the other day. When I did try "Bandwidth" I was suprised to see that speeds hardly ever got to the 1mb mark, usually around 0.6mb. It has to be the way the phone communicates with the router, I tried the same app with my wife's Lumia, and she was getting 14-15mb, which is correct. I'm still getting 0.6mb.

I have tried everything I can think of - rolling back to the last update, reinstalling the latest update, changing my router settings from b/g/n to b/g only, plus a load of other stuff.

It has to be the phone, as every other WiFi device works fine.

I have no idea what else to do, other than just accept that this is something that Samsung will need to sort out via firmware update.
    12-30-2011 10:08 AM
    Just seen this...

[Q] Low WIFI performance - xda-developers

Will try it when I get home.
    12-30-2011 10:34 AM
    Thanks for the replies and the link. Massifheed, i think i dont have either of these problems. My phone struggles to ever get 0.5mb/s and half the time these days seems to not get any connection at all. I have previously tried gettingmy phone repaired by taking it into my australian provider but all they only restored it (this for some reason took a month). I'm pretty sure my phone is just a hardware defect and not a widespread problem. What do you guys think?

Also, if it is any help, my phone has perfect upload speeds!

Cheers,
    01-04-2012 08:51 AM
    My problem is that wifi works for a few seconds (for example, just long enought to do a Bing search) and then just stalls. If I turn wifi off and on again it may work for a while.

Is there any hope of getting this fixed?
    04-23-2012 02:53 PM
    Ok some more reading has given me a workaround; if I turn off mobile data then the WiFi works fine! This is obviously a bug which up has never been fixed.

OS 7.10.8107.79
    Firmware 2424.11.9.4
    Hardware 3.15.0.4
    Radio hardware 0.0.0.800
    04-28-2012 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD