About to buy a new Omnia 7

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello people, i need a bit of help.
I am about to buy a new phone and i realy like the omnia 7.
My Question is, does it worth buy it ( it is a bit old ), or wait a bit ( to have more money ) and buy something newer .
I ask this because of the OS updates .

Any help is welcomed !

Regards

L

lumic

Ask yourself whether the specs are enough to last you for however long you want to keep the device. I picked up the Omnia 7 last August, but it was on a 12 month contract. Hence, I knew by this August I would already be able to shop around for a new device.

Are you willing to spend a tonne on a new device? The Apollo devices will definitely launch at more than twice the price of the Omnia 7. If you're able to wait and can afford them when they launch, then go ahead. On the other hand, you could purchase the Omnia and upgrade to an Apollo device (or another platform) when they drop in price.

My only major gripe about the Omnia is the 8GB storage. If you can live with it, it's a fantastic device. I'd probably be happy with it going into 2013 if I had 32GB of storage.

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Ask yourself whether the specs are enough to last you for however long you want to keep the device. I picked up the Omnia 7 last August, but it was on a 12 month contract. Hence, I knew by this August I would already be able to shop around for a new device.

Are you willing to spend a tonne on a new device? The Apollo devices will definitely launch at more than twice the price of the Omnia 7. If you're able to wait and can afford them when they launch, then go ahead. On the other hand, you could purchase the Omnia and upgrade to an Apollo device (or another platform) when they drop in price.

My only major gripe about the Omnia is the 8GB storage. If you can live with it, it's a fantastic device. I'd probably be happy with it going into 2013 if I had 32GB of storage.
Thank you for the fantastic reply !

wykex3

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung Omnia 7 runs Windows Phone operating system.
clocked at 1 GHz, 4.0-inch Super Amoled screen with a resolution of 480X800 with a 8-18 internal storage.
This unit not contain a microSD slot for extra storage.
This model is available in Europe and South Africa, instead of the Samsung Focus which is sold in USA. The Samsung Omnia 7 is supporting Windows Phone 7.5 also known as "Mango", as well as Internet Sharing over WiFi with the latest firmware update, albeit currently only on branded devices from operators who have enabled this feature.
Regards!!

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The Omnia 7 is a solid phone, definately the best of the gen1 phones. I bought one on eBay second hand unlocked with 16gb for just over ?100 which was a solid buy.

You would be hard pressed to see any performance differences between this phone and say the Lumia 800.

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have an Omnia 7 and although it isn't the most powerful windows phone out there, i have had no problems with it. the camera is especially good

Will be outdated when the update comes out tho

L

lumic

The Omnia 7 is a solid phone, definately the best of the gen1 phones. I bought one on eBay second hand unlocked with 16gb for just over ?100 which was a solid buy.

You would be hard pressed to see any performance differences between this phone and say the Lumia 800.
I believe you'll find that it will have better performance in games. From what I hear, Mango devices are able to play, for example, Survivalcraft smoothly with Extended/Full graphics. The Omnia isn't able to manage above Low without dropping the frame rate.

That said, great deal you got yourself. Wish I had a 16GB version...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Go For It!!

I have had the Focus and now an Omnia 7. Spec wise, they're almost identical except for the Focus' SD card enhancement. As far as the device itself, they are two different animals when in hand. The Focus is all plastic and it certainly feels that way. It's light as a feather and feels delicate, almost fragile. The Omnia has some metal on it, nicer curves and plain feels more solid. I have a Euro version that came with T-Mobile branding and I was afraid it wouldn't have 3G on AT&T's network but through an edit in the diagnostics tool I was able to select "All WCDMA" and behold, I have HSPA+ speeds. It also has Internet Sharing and received the 8107 update through Zune. The Focus did seem a little more zippy but the cheap, plasticky feel was too much to overcome. Enjoy whatever decision you make!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2