but don't want to spend the ridiculous prices charged by 3 Sweden using my phone. You over in the UK, Wales and Scotland (Not going to Ireland this time, sorry lads) what choice(s) do I have when I step off the plane? I think I have unlocked my Omnia 7 so it is not stuck with 3 Sweden (whatever they think) but I can obviously not use the Swedish SIM card. Any operator that has a monthly pre-paid card which I can use for calls within the UK which is available to non-resident foreigners? I know it is a hassle for visitors here in Sweden when they are asking for the same think (which sucks!!!!). Any operator that would allow me to sign for a one month contract (hopefully with a lot of free minutes and free data) and then I could happily let that (sim and) contract expire when I go home to Sweden again. Any suggestions?
    03-27-2012 01:26 PM
    You should be able to walk into any mobile phone shop and get a Pay As You Go SIM without any issues. As an example Virgin Mobile offer one called the Addict Tariff. Top up 15 and you get "unlimited" texts and 1Gb of data for the rest of the month. Then you use up the 15 on calls. Repeat next month, or the next time you visit.

Virgin Mobile (uk)

All the other operators will have similar PAYG SIMs, this is just the first one I found the details on.
    03-28-2012 06:08 AM
    Hmm, sounds good but I think there might be catch. Or have I missed something? Does not Virgin (and the rest of the operators) expect you to have a valid, operational mobile number? Or does a free sim card - Pay as you go include a new number?
    Virgin does not have a customer service to contact either direct by phone or via e-mail. I am pretty certain that if I wanted to transfer a Swedish mobile number that would not be possible.
    03-28-2012 10:10 AM
    The new SIM will come with its own phone number. You just buy the SIM, add some credit, pop it into your phone, and start using it.
    perbear likes this.
    03-28-2012 10:15 AM
    Thanks, TGBmark1234. That sounds great and I will bear that in mind when I go.
    03-28-2012 11:39 AM
    Order a sim from giffgaff.com

10 gets you 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited web
    04-01-2012 10:59 AM
    Only reason I didn't mention giffgaff is I thought it was a contract, albeit only a rolling 30 day one. So it would need a credit check, which as a non-resident, perbear would likely fail.

If I'm wrong about this, then I agree giffgaff is a better option. You'd need to order online though, you can't get this in a store.
    04-01-2012 04:29 PM
    Giffgaff is not a contract, straight forward pay as you go
    04-02-2012 01:42 PM
    Sounds like a winner to me then.
    04-02-2012 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD