Power button not working

NejcZ

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem with power button on my Omnia 7. It doesn't work, which is annoying, so I can only use Windows button to unlock my phone. Has anyone had that same problem? Button "clicks" but nothing happens. Is it a motherboard problem or would it be possible to fix that by myself? :)
Anyways, phone is running W 7,5, and would like at least be able to lock it by myself. Is there a way to place (pin) a shortcut for locking phone to start?

Thanks, Nejc

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It [the power button] doesn't work, which is annoying, so I can only use Windows button to unlock my phone.

Hey NejcZ

Assuming your Omnia 7 works like my Lumia 800 does, you can't use the power button to unlock your phone.

power button = turn on | turn off | sleep & lock | wake up
swipe up on screen = unlock

Does your power button do anything at all, or is it completely dead?

I am not aware of an app that allows you to pin a "sleep & lock" function to the start screen. As you might assume, that would be useless to everyone with a working power button.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If you've got defective hardware, which is what it sounds like, there is nothing you can do with software to fix it (like rooting).

If you're still in the warranty period bring it back.

The chances of being able to fix the device yourself are likely rather slim. A weak soldering point is something you might be able to fix, but more likely the switch itself is broken so you would need spare parts.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well you can still use the phone. Windows logo to wake up and if the phone's battery is dead , you can charge the phone and force it to turn on.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720