Got my Saga and love it but have a few questions

bjboudre

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
1. Is there a way to turn off the touch screen? I love the mouse but hate touch screen phones because I am always touching it accidentally.

2. Does voicecommand not have the feature to talk back to you like Voice Signal does? Like when I push the button on my headset, having the phone say, ?please say a command?. When I say call, having the phone say ?please say a name or number?.

3. I hate the way the screen goes black and the phone appears to be off and the only way to wake it up is to push the power button on the top edge of the phone. I don?t mind the screen going black to conserve power but would like to be able to ?wake it up? by touching a keyboard button or touching the mouse.

efudd

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
1. Is there a way to turn off the touch screen? I love the mouse but hate touch screen phones because I am always touching it accidentally.

2. Does voicecommand not have the feature to talk back to you like Voice Signal does? Like when I push the button on my headset, having the phone say, ?please say a command?. When I say call, having the phone say ?please say a name or number?.

3. I hate the way the screen goes black and the phone appears to be off and the only way to wake it up is to push the power button on the top edge of the phone. I don?t mind the screen going black to conserve power but would like to be able to ?wake it up? by touching a keyboard button or touching the mouse.

1) buy a moto Q- laughing. I doubt there's a way to shut of the touch but maybe someone somewhere has a way... But you do make a point- with this mouse there's really no need for a touch screen- add the mouse to a q and you could give it the wm "pro" os just fine.

2) not too familiar but some versions i beleive talk balk- might be a setting

3) This for sure is a setting. probably under lock- look around in the settings- there's an option for allow any key to wake the device as opposed to let the

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site

"Settings" ---> "Advanced" tab. There are options for both when on battery and on external power. And if that doesn't do it, try "Settings" ---->"Backlight".

One thing that's bothering me is that I'll hit the power button to put the phone in "keypad lock" mode, but the device turns itself back on at very short intervals. I'm trying to figure that one out. I've got BT & WiFi turned off and it's still doing it.

ipaq.r.us

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site

"Settings" ---> "Advanced" tab. There are options for both when on battery and on external power. And if that doesn't do it, try "Settings" ---->"Backlight".

One thing that's bothering me is that I'll hit the power button to put the phone in "keypad lock" mode, but the device turns itself back on at very short intervals. I'm trying to figure that one out. I've got BT & WiFi turned off and it's still doing it.

bjboudre:
- Unfortunatly there is not a way to disable the touchscreen unless you go into some very detailed registry hacks.

- My LG Evy does the same thing, but I do not believe that is the way the "voice command" in WinMo works. I agree, that would be a nice option.

- Mixman was correct, you need to go into the power options and you can set it for longer before the device shuts off, but the only way to just press a key and wake it back up is if the backlight goes dim.

mixman:
- do you have ActiveSync setup with your calendar or email? Also, have you tried setting the "keypad lock" to use the "lock key long press" under Settings --> buttons? (just an idea).

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
mixman:
- do you have ActiveSync setup with your calendar or email? Also, have you tried setting the "keypad lock" to use the "lock key long press" under Settings --> buttons? (just an idea).

Yes, I've got ActiveSync set with my Exchange server, so that's probably what keeps "waking' it up. Under Settings---->Buttons I only see an option for "LockKey short press". The "long press" seems to be a default function. It does work if it's locked that way and the screen is turned off, but then I have to enter my PIN again to get back into things. Not what I'm used to and a bit of a pain.

efudd

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site

also start->settings->system tab->wake up

you can check if just the on button turns on or "any button" turns it on.

about the waking itself back up all the time- appears to be a bug. PDAPhoneHome has a bit more active i770 forum. There's a guy over there who said he had a beta unit and that was a bug he reported. He said if you turn on the password then it will stay asleep (but then you have to enter your password evertime you turn it on). I think that setting is in start->settings> personal tab-> lock but to be honest not sure as I have good monile messaging and it takes over security so I cant tell on my device where that would be.

mjminoh

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
You can set the phone to wake up by pressing any button. Go to SETTINGS, the at the bottom, select the SYSTEM tab, select the WAKE UP icon, the select the ANY BUTTON radio button.

mjminoh

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, forgot about your other question. You can turn off the touch screen by locking the keyboard. Just hold down the LOCK key, which is on the left side of the phone below the volume.

hamman0512

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
on the main page or the home page how do you get rid of the icons at the bottom like Get applications getting started and mobile email?

Laurs17

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
on the main page or the home page how do you get rid of the icons at the bottom like Get applications getting started and mobile email?

In the start menu, click on settings. When settings opens up click on the "today" icon. There is a tab that is labeled "items," click on that. You can then check which items you want or don't want on your home page. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6