Samsung i830w now available on Sprints Website

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
If you've never used a slider before, it does take some getting used to. However, this is the first smartphone I've had where I feel that I can go without a case. It's that solidly built (even with the slider mechanism). All I need with it is a pouch to carry it with me since my pockets are always full.

Bluetooth voice dialing is nice as well.

I have said it before...Samsung's are constructed real well. I have had two Samsung flip phones that I beat the hell out of and I couldn't put them down. You can look at the design and see that the i830 is well constructed.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
You must have some very large hands then. I can type on it as comfortably as I could with the Treos.

I second that. I seemed to type well on it...i just don't like the slide deal thats all. I also have big hands but skinny fingers...I have piano fingers or hands. Now, if you have soup can fingers...that could be a problem.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
If you've never used a slider before, it does take some getting used to. However, this is the first smartphone I've had where I feel that I can go without a case. It's that solidly built (even with the slider mechanism). All I need with it is a pouch to carry it with me since my pockets are always full.

could you really carry it in pocket if they weren't full? the i830 looks even more thick than a treo. how heavy is it?

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
could you really carry it in pocket if they weren't full? the i830 looks even more thick than a treo. how heavy is it?
DIMENSIONS:
i830: 4.49" x 2.28" x 0.97" (114 x 58 x 25 mm)
Treo: 4.40" x 2.30" x 0.90" (112 x 58 x 23 mm)

WEIGHT:
i830: 6.44 oz (183 g)
Treo: 6.00 oz (170 g)

IsLNdbOi

Oct 31, 2004
Visit site
I just noticed today after playing with my IP-830W and my Discovery 655... When you have a bluetooth headset paired with the IP-830W, changing the volume on the IP-830W also works for the headset! I had my Discovery 655 on max volume using its own volume buttons. Then I highered the volume on my IP-830W and the volume went even higher on my 655.

Also, I bought the i730 cradle from Verizon's website. It works perfectly with the Sprint IP-830W. I must say, this cradle is the sexiest cradle I have ever seen for a PDA. :p

IsLNdbOi

Oct 31, 2004
Visit site
Just found something really cool today. Put my Discovery 655 on and pulled up Windows Media Player. Played some MP3's and they played flawlessly through the headset! No hacks required!

Big Tone

May 6, 2005
www.eduhwy.com
Oooh! :D I hope to have this phone in the next 30 days. Just started a new job this month, so I have to get a few more important things back on track first. I think you just pushed the i830w over the top!

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Oooh! :D I hope to have this phone in the next 30 days. Just started a new job this month, so I have to get a few more important things back on track first. I think you just pushed the i830w over the top!

Congrats on the new gig Big Tone...:thumbsup: When you get it...keep us posted and give us your opinion on the device.

Big Tone

May 6, 2005
www.eduhwy.com
Congrats on the new gig Big Tone...:thumbsup: When you get it...keep us posted and give us your opinion on the device.

Thanks. :) I'll be sure to keep you posted on the phone when I get it. I'm really excited. My only regret is I didn't spend as much time researching the 700p as I am the i830w, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the 700p! If I can get about $400 for my phone with accessories I might go ahead and sell it now. I want this phone BAD!:eek:

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
when is the ETA on the verizon version? and how much better is it than the current i730?
The SCH-i830 has been available from Verizon since last March. It is essentially the same phone as the i730 but the i730's wi-fi is traded for the i830's GSM radio. There are also a couple of minor software additions on the i830 (like the world time utility), but in general, they're nearly the same phone.

dangottreo

Aug 17, 2006
Visit site
I called verizon last week to just "inquire" about this phone and they have been hounding me to sell it to me, not only did I get a phone call but I got a follow letter in the mail asking me to call them to resolve the phone inquiry matter. maybe I can haggle them for a low price. lol

Big Tone

May 6, 2005
www.eduhwy.com
I just bought one but i'm scared to keep it - can you use other network's sim cards, or only sprints? Is it unlocked GSM?

It's international GSM only, but I read that it is unlocked to be used with other networks overseas.

But, I still need to know if you can access Blackberry Enterprise Server with it? My guess is no, I was just wondering.

hannip

Jan 30, 2006
Visit site
Are there any Sprint i830w users that have tried the Palm Messaging app yet?

I'm curious to find out if the mms support in the Palm Messaging works on this device.

(Warning: if you plan to install the beta version of the Palm Messaging app from ppcgeeks.com do not perform the manual steps of copying over the rom files to \Windows since they are only for pre-AKU2.3 devices. Just run the cab, soft reset and you are done).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte