Samsung i830w now available on Sprints Website

Big Tone

May 6, 2005
www.eduhwy.com
Does anyone have a few suggested apps for WM5? This is my first WM device and I don't have a clue as to what I may need. I've read about font smoothers, Today screens and weather plug-ins, and a couple other things, but I don't know much about them. Where can I find apps to buy? What about share and freeware?

IsLNdbOi

Oct 31, 2004
Visit site
Are there any Sprint i830w users that have tried the Palm Messaging app yet?

I'm curious to find out if the mms support in the Palm Messaging works on this device.

(Warning: if you plan to install the beta version of the Palm Messaging app from ppcgeeks.com do not perform the manual steps of copying over the rom files to \Windows since they are only for pre-AKU2.3 devices. Just run the cab, soft reset and you are done).

I've been using the Palm Messaging app. on my IP-830W and it works just fine. The 830W doesn't support MMS though.

IsLNdbOi

Oct 31, 2004
Visit site
When I try to send a MMS, I get an "Out of Memory" error. Also, the Samsung guys on PDAPhoneHome said that it doesn't support MMS, even when using the IP-830W's normal text-ing app..

hannip

Jan 30, 2006
Visit site
hmm, I was expecting a different error. I've always assumed that the OOM error was due to not being at the correct AKU level. Now I'm really confused. :(

Big Tone

May 6, 2005
www.eduhwy.com
Ok! Got mine Friday and so far I LOVE it! I don't know how, but at one point last night audio from WMP was coming through my bluetooth headset! I tried to figure out how I did it, but could only get it to feed through BT for a few seconds before Voice Dial kicked in.

So far I havent had any rests occur. I found a nice weather plug-in for the today screen and magic button works very well. I'm considering getting MS Voice Command for the voice announce feature for calls and e-mails, but I don't know if I want to shell out $40 for it. I really only want to use those features. Voice Dial handles the others just fine.

I believe I read somewhere about an application that provides OWA access through Pocket Outlook. Anyone know of one? Also, what's the largest SD card this phone will support? I'd like to get a 4gb card, but don't want to waste my $$$ if it won't work.

IsLNdbOi

Oct 31, 2004
Visit site
Ok, the IP-830W is back on Sprint's site again. I just got my arctic 680 and have sent my 750 back to Amazon for replacement. I'm still within the Cingular trial period.

Trying to decide now if I want give up the 680 and 750 for the IP-830W as it was a really nice unit.

TOLUST

Oct 9, 2003
makemoneyfordummies.ws
Anyone know how to HARD RESET the Sprint Samsung ip-830w

Can anyone please help me ? I lost my password sheet from my usb drive that i kept for my phone. I cant log into my phone now becuase when i turn it on it asked for a password.. I checked the manual but it doesnt mention anything about doing a hard reset to factor settings. Can anyone help me please ?

Henry,
iitolustii@aol.com :cry:

ycats#WP

Oct 15, 2004
Visit site
hold down the top-left key, just to the left of the up-dn-left-right button......and then slide the button on the left down, then hit the soft reset button and hold for a few seconds, then release the reset button then release the others.................just wait for it to do the rest...............

guido28

May 29, 2008
Visit site
So far so good but WM 5???

:) Didn't pay NEARLY what prices are being quoted on forum. Went to online shop ordered phone with blank sim for 159 plus shipping. When phoe arrived just went to sprint website and activated the esn..heres the kicker they gave me insurance too. Only thing WM 5 sucks please someone work out an upgrade to 6.1 or possibly 7 when available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs