Forum Split -- Please read

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
Hello All -

As you may have heard, we've split these forums away from TreoCentral. The forum integration we were using was so full of hacks it was becoming impossible to maintain. As such I've been spending pretty much every night for the past few days trying to work out bugs.

Most importantly at this minute is it looks like last night we managed to lose yesterday's postings. We were careful to do backups so I'm confident that we'll get those threads and posts back -- just may take some time. I'm working on it.

There are some other change you'll see. First up is your post counts on this forum now only reflect WMExperts posts instead of TC + WME posts. This temporarily caused some of you to not be able to post links because we had an anti-spam measure that kept anybody with fewer than 10 posts from posting links. I've lifted this restriction.

Next up is we still have ALL of the TreoCentral users here. We're going to purge users, but I don't expect that will affect anybody reading here. Basically we're keeping the following groups:

- Anybody with at least one post here at WMExperts
- Anybody who originally registered at WMExperts
- Some other groups (like moderators and, yes, banned users ;) )

...I apologize for the hiccups so far. As I said it's been a monster of a job and though we're being as careful as possible, given the scope what we're doing here it's sort of inevitable that there will be a problem here or there. I'm very unhappy with myself for letting yesterday's posts disappear, I'm working on fixing them.

There are still a few things that I know we need to pin down (like some broken images), but there may be other things we haven't caught. If you run across any oddities please email me directly at dieter at wmexperts dot com or post here in this thread.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
You could just as well kill the forums here at WM EXperts. All the action here is on the Treo's, all other devices have no activity.

Take alook at the origanal touch forum, the Treo 800W got more posts the first day than the Touch has in a year!

As my screen name says I will be leaving the Touch to go back to a Treo, this time an 800W for lack of choice in a front face keyboard format.

Just too inconvienient using on screen keyboards on the Touch along with all the freeze ups and memory problems. I also don't like the slide out keyboards.

Thanks for listening.
Dan

dvdmon

Jun 28, 2004
twelveblackcodemonkeys.com
You could just as well kill the forums here at WM EXperts. All the action here is on the Treo's, all other devices have no activity.

Take alook at the origanal touch forum, the Treo 800W got more posts the first day than the Touch has in a year!

As my screen name says I will be leaving the Touch to go back to a Treo, this time an 800W for lack of choice in a front face keyboard format.

Just too inconvienient using on screen keyboards on the Touch along with all the freeze ups and memory problems. I also don't like the slide out keyboards.

Thanks for listening.
Dan

Wow, but why not go for the Touch Pro??? I have the 800w and while it works ok, I would much rather have the much larger keyboard of the Touch Pro. I'm planning on selling my 800w in order to afford it...

dvdmon

Jun 28, 2004
I can't decide between sliders and front-facing myself lately, if only because the sliders are so much more powerful right now.

The only thing I'm a little concerned about going to a slider after 4-5 years on one kind of Treo or another is that I will really need 2 hands for most things that I currently just use one for right now. That and the fact that I would be able to type stuff when my phone is in it's holder in the car, since the keyboard can't slide out in the holder whereas my 800w can...

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
The only thing I'm a little concerned about going to a slider after 4-5 years on one kind of Treo or another is that I will really need 2 hands for most things that I currently just use one for right now. That and the fact that I would be able to type stuff when my phone is in it's holder in the car, since the keyboard can't slide out in the holder whereas my 800w can...

You hit the nail on the head..

I like the one handed ability of the Fixed keyboard and I use mine in the car too alot in the windshield mount. My old PPC6601 could have the keyboard slid out in the mount but the horizontal slider does not work..

Ideally I would like the Moto Q9C with no touch screen and WM Pro apps.

dvdmon

Jun 28, 2004
I guess for car use you could always use the virtual keyboard, right? I mean, of course it's not ideal, but generally I'm not doing lots of typing anyway, just a few characters here and there or at most a sentence...

gksmithlcw

Dec 15, 2006
Visit site
Hello All -

As you may have heard, we've split these forums away from TreoCentral. The forum integration we were using was so full of hacks it was becoming impossible to maintain. As such I've been spending pretty much every night for the past few days trying to work out bugs.

Most importantly at this minute is it looks like last night we managed to lose yesterday's postings. We were careful to do backups so I'm confident that we'll get those threads and posts back -- just may take some time. I'm working on it.

There are some other change you'll see. First up is your post counts on this forum now only reflect WMExperts posts instead of TC + WME posts. This temporarily caused some of you to not be able to post links because we had an anti-spam measure that kept anybody with fewer than 10 posts from posting links. I've lifted this restriction.

Next up is we still have ALL of the TreoCentral users here. We're going to purge users, but I don't expect that will affect anybody reading here. Basically we're keeping the following groups:

- Anybody with at least one post here at WMExperts
- Anybody who originally registered at WMExperts
- Some other groups (like moderators and, yes, banned users ;) )

...I apologize for the hiccups so far. As I said it's been a monster of a job and though we're being as careful as possible, given the scope what we're doing here it's sort of inevitable that there will be a problem here or there. I'm very unhappy with myself for letting yesterday's posts disappear, I'm working on fixing them.

There are still a few things that I know we need to pin down (like some broken images), but there may be other things we haven't caught. If you run across any oddities please email me directly at dieter at wmexperts dot com or post here in this thread.

Thank you for the info, Mr. Bohn.

*cackles with a Bond-villainesque cackle*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro