Not long now are we getting excited yet ?

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I was before I saw nothing big is going to be revealed.
I might have wrong info but as far as I know we will get more info on Tango and a few devices.
Tango sounds fun but nothing huge like mango was.

I would be glad to see or hear something about the damn Skype!

Am I missing something?
What are your expectations ?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm looking forward to anything relating to Tango or Apollo.

Anything at all really, looking forward to seeing the Lumia 900 hands on etc.

Just all the general WP news from the OEM's.

I must be easier pleased than you Dormage. ;)

I'm really looking forward to MWC just even for the Lumia 900 news. :D

Skype ? nice to have, but not too excited about it, hardly use it on my desktop, had it on previous mobiles, was the same, I never used it.

I'm sure there are plenty looking forward to Skype for sure though. :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Baby steps in the infant plat forum (Its not enough for some people) I am expecting more baby steps next week plus some new devices from Nokia. I'm hoping for some Tango and Apollo news I know Daniel has some interviews with some big names planned I am sure we will get some good information from those.

Every year at MWC we get a few surprises thats what makes it so exciting.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I speak for the masses when I say I'm craving some concrete news on Apollo. I think the biggie is whether or not first gen devices will be able to update or not. If we don't hear anything, I'm going to assume the worst.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not excited for new hardware as I'll not be upgrading for 18+ months; I am deeply interested in what we'll hear about the software.

I like a bit of mystery and intrigue as much as the next person, but the wall of silence surrounding Tango and especially Apollo is starting to get both unnerving and more than a little frustrating. I'm not expecting big things, but MS really need to throw the community a bone next week.

Also how many companies do you think will be using puns about leap years and their products being leaps forward?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I speak for the masses when I say I'm craving some concrete news on Apollo. I think the biggie is whether or not first gen devices will be able to update or not. If we don't hear anything, I'm going to assume the worst.

^^THIS^^

It's Apollo or bust for me ;)

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Can't get excited since i am on verizon and am not expecting anything to be announced for them. :mad:

Would be nice to get a little a suprise, but not holding my breath.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm more excited for the Consumer Preview of Windows 8, not expecting much apart from a global Lumia 900, but that still does me no good on T-Mobile USA, and the OS in its current state only lacks backup for me so though it would be nice to hear what's coming it wont be too bad if we dont hear that much.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
ditto, i am excited but im sure i wont hear anything from verizon. and being stuck with them, ill have to wait another year before they are on board with windows phones... =(

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Besides Jay and Daniel, who might we follow on twitter to stay with the breaking news?

I'd recommend Myriam Joire from Engadget's mobile site @tnkgrl she really loves Nokia products and has acknowledged a bunch of pre-release press briefing (not necessarily Nokia) that will probably prove interesting.

Who else?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Guys guys we might get Windows Phone news as soon as tomorrow. HTC, ZTE and Huawei are having their conferences this sunday I think :D. Get hyped!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Aside from Nokia I think we will see 1 phone from each OEM (possibly 2 from HTC). I just don't see much interest from other manufacturers after the Nokia and Microsoft partnership was announced.

I am hoping that companies like Asus and Dell surprise us.

Eirenarch

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I am excited about news about Heart of the Swarm, possibly release date...
Oh wait... This is not Blizzard's forum?

Well then I want to know about Bulgarian language and Marketplace support and if current devices will be upgradeable to Apollo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss