Htc conference on now, bets on a new WP?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, I think HTC will announce that they're releasing the Titan II in a few additional countries but that's about it. I appreciate what HTC has done for WP because they still have the largest (and arguably the best) selection of devices but I think HTC and the other OEMs are starting to realize that it's the Nokia show now.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with 0 chance Windows Phone make an appearance at this conference. And if it does you can pick my sig for the month.

Edit: They have the pictures on facebook already.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe with luck we will get those cool camera features on HTC windows phones. There's a rumor that says Cameras can be skinned on WP8.

Man that HTC One V is such a awful phone, can't believe they even show it.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of sad to see those awesome Android phones by HTC... even copying the polycarbonate unibody it seems like from Nokia. :D That said the phones do look nice, especially for being HTC that i tend to think of having the laziest designers ever.

Apollo can't come fast enough.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why Android still gets so much attention..there is like nothing new on that platform for years now. Just better hardware and worse OS with more features.
Don't people want something new? Isn't new also interesting?
Weird world we live in...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe with luck we will get those cool camera features on HTC windows phones. There's a rumor that says Cameras can be skinned on WP8.

Man that HTC One V is such a awful phone, can't believe they even show it.

3.7 inch WVGA
1GHz single core cpu
512MB RAM
4GB storage
Ice Cream Sandwich

Yeah, I can't imagine Android running smooth on those specs.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why Android still gets so much attention..there is like nothing new on that platform for years now. Just better hardware and worse OS with more features.
Don't people want something new? Isn't new also interesting?
Weird world we live in...

People have invested on the platform and you do get your moneys worth of hardware, with many times software not staying in the phase of hardware. There's also the play value of ROM's and what not. It's today's Symbian without doubt and will probably rule for some time. Hundreds after hundreds of manufacturers making Android phones, including the new Chinese arrivals that WILL make a difference when it comes to mass market in the next 10 years.

Myself not a big fan, but especially on the hardware side there's a lot i want. Just starting from the simple HDMI out, screens etc.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
3.7 inch WVGA
1GHz single core cpu
512MB RAM
4GB storage
Ice Cream Sandwich

Yeah, I can't imagine Android running smooth on those specs.

4GB storage without SD cards. I mean WTF HTC? That phone better be free.

Also Android has lots of features, something that Windows Phone lacks.

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
4GB storage without SD cards. I mean WTF HTC? That phone better be free.

Also Android has lots of features, something that Windows Phone lacks.

it better be pre-paid

I mean, carriers offer many phones for free on contract, and that one just seems horrible
there is no reason to pick that over any other one

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't typically follow Android phones, but how long has hTC made those three front panel bottons phone on Android? I thought that used to be unique on Windows Phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
that HTC 4Gb phone is OBVIOUSLY a low end phone for VOICE only plans ( not pre-paid cause MOST carriers dotn support data phones on pre-paid )

we at BELL (canada) have over 5 Android phoens with similar specs ( and we sale hundreds a day )

now that people can get SMARTPHONE with regular phone plans . its GREAT for them, specially KIDS where the parent doesn't want to pay the extra 25-60$ a month for data!! or old people that want to see what the SMARTPHONE wave is all about! ( like my parents)

and yes they all sale between 0$ to 30$ ( with 1 to 3 year terms)

example: Samsung galaxies 551 , Samsung galaxies GEO, HTC wildfire ..ect....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members