Whatever happened to Chassis 2?

chillrobot

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Reports as recent as October 2011 said that Chassis 2 (aka QWERTY candybar, like a Blackberry) was expected "sometime in early 2012". But evidently there wasn't a peep about it at MWC.

I'm a webOS fan, but would consider buying a second WP phone in this form factor.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Basically the limitation to that form factor was that there was only one screen resolution available on WP up until Tango. With all the hype over the 610 and the camera on the 808, I haven't actually read any verification if Tango did indeed bring the 3/4 other resolutions that were rumoured. I see there is a WP Central podcast up for a listen, hopefully that nugget is contained in it somewhere.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey guys

- http://www.windowscentral.com/ms-confirms-details-about-tango

- Microsoft announce Windows Tango update. | Marc Anthony Evans.

only *candy bar * style phone you can get is the DVP (dell venue pro )

regarding the resolution support , that's not expected till APOLLO, tango is only suppose to bring LOW END PHONE support ( like the 250RAm phones)

support for the ASIAN gaming center ( removing XBOX live in Asian phones)

also run a TANGO search as a TAG here: www.wpcentral.com/tags/tango

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
hey guys

- http://www.windowscentral.com/ms-confirms-details-about-tango

- Microsoft announce Windows Tango update. | Marc Anthony Evans.

only *candy bar * style phone you can get is the DVP (dell venue pro )

regarding the resolution support , that's not expected till APOLLO, tango is only suppose to bring LOW END PHONE support ( like the 250RAm phones)

support for the ASIAN gaming center ( removing XBOX live in Asian phones)

also run a TANGO search as a TAG here: www.wpcentral.com/tags/tango
Hey, man.

Congrats on Mod, btw. Regarding that first link, from August 2011: don't you think it's a little dated? It's not much of a confirmation about Tango. The second link is as solid as it can be.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey, man.

Congrats on Mod, btw.

Second, don't you think that first link, from August 2011, is a little dated? It's not much of a confirmation about Tango. The second link is as solid as it can be.

yeah but i have to support this site even doh some info might be a little old. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett