Xbox SmartGlass - Windows Phone Integration sounds cool

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks pretty cool - exactly the kind of functionality that would resonate with a number of people. Take that Apple TV!

To kick-start the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Microsoft Corp. today unveiled a bold new vision for enjoying entertainment at home and on the go with Xbox SmartGlass. Launching this year, Xbox SmartGlass is an application for Windows 8, Windows Phone, and other portable devices that connects phones, PCs and tablets with your Xbox 360 console to make your entertainment smarter, more interactive and more fun.

Xbox Makes Entertainment More Amazing on Phone, PC, Tablet and TV

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i have a question
since SmartGlass works on all platforms how smartglass will help windows phone is there any kind features limited to windows phone only :straight:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's unknown if there will be functionality that is only available on Windows Phone. My guess would be No.

However, if you think about it, the XBOX Companion wasn't the only app that was a precursor to SmartGlass. Halo:Waypoint was actually more advanced than the XBOX Companion, with the ability to tell players where they were on a map, as well as the location of weapons and vehicles.

If SmartGlass follows Halo:Waypoint's example, then we may be able to expect that it will be FREE on Windows8 and WP8, while it will be a paid app on iOS or Android.

I wrote up some of my thoughts on SmartGlass here.
XBOX SmartGlass brings your devices together | Windows Phone Fans
Part II
SmartGlass demonstrated with Windows Phone | Windows Phone Fans

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon