Will there be a WPCentral app for Windows 8?

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a big advantage to having a desktop app for a site such as this vs. just going to the Web site? I'm genuinely curious what things could be done better with an app.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a big advantage to having a desktop app for a site such as this vs. just going to the Web site? I'm genuinely curious what things could be done better with an app.

thats a good point , but here is what I see would help.

- W8 will have tiles , so it be nice to have WPcentral tile that updates like on my WP.(live tiles)

- Build in forum so you dont need to navigate as much.

- Generally more organized.

think just does 3 things would make it worth it for me to get it on my PC/tablet. maybe more things could be nice as well.

hopefully Jay feels the same :)

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I think there are plenty of cool things that could be done with an app. For example, a tile that shows the latest headline. Perhaps the ability to pin specific forum threads to the start screen that update with new posts. Also, integrating the app with the share charm.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
you could also integrate the app with Search to make it easier to find past articles, or to find WPCentral articles if you are on another website or app and see something that makes you want to look at a specific article or thread here.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see WPCentral move away from Windows Phone and focus on the Windows family as one ecosystem.

Windows Central for phones, tablets, pc's even Xbox's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro