To the community at WPCentral...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I know I am probably gonna get banned for bringing this up, but still, if I shall have only one last post left here on WPCentral, then it has to be this one.

I am a HUGE WP and Metro fan. I was one of the first people in Europe to get the 1st gen Optimus 7 phone, then I upgraded to the Samsung Focus S. Because I love the OS and I strongly believe in it.

However, spending time in this community, I have to say that I am saddened by the attitude that has been expressed towards those that dare to criticize MS, WP, or WPCentral. A great man once said: "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

And I do strongly believe in this. A diversity of opinions is the best was to progress. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that all those that express their nitpicks about the platform we all love are met with great arrogance and hostility.

Look, I love WP. Gorram LOVE it. But I do not close my eyes to the other options that are out there. And if we love WP for all that makes it unique, beautiful and a joy to use, we have to, we absolutely HAVE to also acknowledge it's weaknesses so that it can grow stronger and better. And there are quite a few. And it really frustrates me, how single sided this community can be, how biases it sometimes can be and how unable it can be to acknowledge the shortcomings at hand and things that still need to be improved.

I do not want to get into the WP8 debate, I think that one will resolve itself over time. But I do believe that we need to be more tolerant to the opinions of others - other members of this community, but also supporters of other platforms. Every platform has it's pros and cons, some areas where it excels and some where there is still work to do. And no platform is an exception to that - not WP, not iOS and not Android (I left out BB, sorry BB users, we'll see about OS10 when and IF it ships :)).

One last thing, which was actually what inspired me to write up this too long post.

This thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpcentral-meta/195268.htm

I was really, really sad to see the negligent and arrogant attitude with which this was handled. I really think WPCentral can do better - especially as mentioned when it comes to accepting opinions that you might not agree with.

A simple google cache search proves that a post by "Seasword" was INDEED deleted:

Microsoft

So he is right to demand an explanation - one that should be presented in a well informed and polite way.

That's it from me. You can leave it as it is, or, and I would love that, I hope that we can have a civilized discussion about this topic with all the members, moderators and staff members.

Long live Metro! :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
May I remind you that this is a family website and that we have rules to follow.

1. People ARE entitle their opinions , we respect it.

2. We strongly encourage Discussions and arguments as so long as they remain *civilized* witch are often NOT the case and result in Disciplinary measures.

3. have you not noticed that 90% of the threads are NEGATIVE? and are STILL OPEN?!?!?! only the once that deserved to be closed get closed/deleted ( witch is rare unless people get out of line)

4. most of the negative post are ignorant. and we are PLEASED to Informed people. if you dont hear what you want to hear it is NOT a excuse to insult other members or to use inappropriate language or to troll ( post off topic)

5: regarding the WP CENSORSHIP thread, the OP was sent a e-mail with a CLEAR explanation ,THE OP ignored the PM and opened a useless thread to simply VENT.

the OP knew and decided to take it one step farther.

Quote from Dan!
Number two, you emailed us and I responded as a courtesy in full to your request within minutes (instead of writing for the site, which is my main job). You have not bothered to return the favor by even acknowledging the email yet.

we don't ban/give infraction/delete post with out explanations.

IMPOTENT!

6: IF a member finds your comment/post inappropriate and FLAGS it we will investigate and take action accordingly.

Most of the threads that get closed , or members that get banned our related to other members reporting them! and we cannot ignore reported post specially when they are in DIRECT VIOLATION of Forum rules.

THREAD CLOSED
( if an Admin or MOD wants to add to this/unlock feel free)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb