It seems like there's a lot of complaints in here. Here's one very positive thing at least.

Everyone who went to the party at 6 PM received this at the door:
    (I personally went ballistic inside :D I didn't expect anything at all, not to mention something as awesome as this.)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PZ5T-7F2E[/YT]
    NOKIA PURITY STEREO HEADSET BY MONSTER
    High Definition In-Ear Headset
    in the yellow Lumia 920 color which are $99.99 at the Microsoft Store.

They also had a raffle thing going on. You wrote your name on the card they give you with the headset and drop it in a bowl at the back, and every hour they'd have a drawing. Also, you didn't need to be present to receive your prize. Nokia would make sure you'd get it. How about that :lol:

Prizes were:
    • More of the above in different colors (white, black, red, etc.)

• Wireless speakers of some brand I didn't catch

• I might have missed 1 or 2 things

I know. :giggle:
    Unfortunately, they weren't giving away phones and I didn't win anything ( :dry ), but still that's amazing stuff, Nokia. You will always be awesome in my book (not just for the above), no matter what your stocks say.

PS. The staff, food, and drinks were awesome and brilliant! Also the DJ had this brilliant touch thing going on. And awesome big blue Nokia bus. See the rest of my crappy pictures here. Cannot wait to get a Lumia 920 in my hands. That thing is spectacular. That is all. :happy:
    09-06-2012 01:04 AM
    Sounds awesome. I wish I could have gone.

Over here on the forums the only free thing we've been getting is a very large and continuous supply of whine.
    09-06-2012 01:10 AM
    Over here on the forums the only free thing we've been getting is a very large and continuous supply of whine.
    Haha. Good one! :lol:
    Wish you could've gone too!
    09-06-2012 01:15 AM
    Awesome! Had I won the lotto last week, I'd have been there!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-06-2012 01:22 AM
    Was working... left early on Tuesday, so I couldn't make it today. Luckily I didn't, because I made some serious $$$. =)
    09-06-2012 02:21 AM
    I was there in spirit, partly there through web feed. I had my own one man party in my man cave.
    09-06-2012 10:45 AM
    I had my own one man party in my man cave.
    That was *almost* TMI :P
    09-06-2012 12:30 PM
    I shouldn't rub it in for Symbelmyne that I was a "big winner" of freebies yesterday, lol.

But it's true... it was a LOT of fun at the event, and it was great meeting Symbalmyne and others (including the very wonderful Mary Jo Foley!) yesterday. It was definitely a memorable day for me.

I was gonna go through all the posts and respond last night, but I was exhausted, had a long drive this morning and am working now... so I think instead I'll just hit a couple highlight posts and make one thread of my own with all my opinions... I have MANY, lol.
    Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 09-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    09-06-2012 02:10 PM
    This is kinda random but it sorta falls in the same topic. who thinks if they brought an nfc enabled smartphone and demoed the speakers and played some 80's or 70's music, would the attendees give you crap for your taste in music? :lol:

PS: Its awesome you got those headphones :giggle: i wish they did a carrier bundle with them like the HTC rezound :blush:
    09-08-2012 12:00 AM
    This is kinda random but it sorta falls in the same topic. who thinks if they brought an nfc enabled smartphone and demoed the speakers and played some 80's or 70's music, would the attendees give you crap for your taste in music? :lol:
    Funny you should mention that, when I was watching the Nokia Music demo, we built a playlist featuring Duran Duran, Dave Matthews, and Green Day. It ended up being a rather cool blend of music! The presenter was from London, and he was quite amused.
    09-08-2012 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD