spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that Verizon makes an announcement today. Worst case is that I have to wait another 24 days (until Thanksgiving) but there were rumors of a November 8th launch.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No. A "launch" is supposed to LAUNCH. Not with "coming soon" and no details (for the fourth time in a row).

It is as though they want to make this into a case study for business schools on how to kill off excitement for a new product launch by doing everything wrong.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
No. A "launch" is supposed to LAUNCH. Not with "coming soon" and no details (for the fourth time in a row).

It is as though they want to make this into a case study for business schools on how to kill off excitement for a new product launch by doing everything wrong.

This was a launch for Windows PHONE 8. The phones themselves get announced by the carrier/OEM.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
A distinction without a difference. It amazes me that even after "launch," the top-level handset for WP remains undated, unpriced vaporware on AT&T. Unbelievable.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Whhhhaaaat. No useful information! Sir, you can get facebook updates and the latest scores on your home screen now! Well, whenever they actually release the phones you can.
I am glad I didn't promise any friends that Microsoft would unveil useful details for AT&T today...

Techywarrior

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Pfft, AT&T supposed to be a premier Windows Phone carrier and we can't even get prices and availability of their phones?

Microsoft said that Windows Phone 8 phones would be available starting this coming weekend but all the dates they gave were at least a week later. Is this possibly a hint that AT&T will be releasing their phones this weekend (Nov. 4 as previously rumored)? Are we just waiting for an AT&T press release maybe today?

It just seems really odd that if phones are available this weekend then why not have AT&T on stage to announce it. Too much favoritism over the other carriers maybe?

Damn it AT&T.... I want my yellow 920 already. lol

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that everyone there got a free 8X, which was also referred to as "the flagship" and "the signature device" by The Verge and Engadget.

Thinking the Lumia 920 is becoming yesterday's news.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that everyone there got a free 8X, which was also referred to as "the flagship" and "the signature device" by The Verge and Engadget.

Thinking the Lumia 920 is becoming yesterday's news.

I am surprise that the 8X and even the ATIV are getting a lot of press today and there has been virtually nothing for the Lumia line save for The Verge's hands on with the 822.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am surprise that the 8X and even the ATIV are getting a lot of press today and there has been virtually nothing for the Lumia line save for The Verge's hands on with the 822.

Wasn't the phone Ballmer and Alba were using a Lumia 920? I didn't get to watch the entire event, but the 920 was mentioned quite a bit still...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why these announcements never pan out. The Windows 8 and Surface announcement were great. Today's was disappointing.

You are right. The Surface presser KILLED IT. That's why you had lines out the door last weekend. This was horrible. There hasn't been a presser since Mango that has stirred me. This is like a continuation of the bad news we got in June. I also think the SDK leak killed them. If that hadn't leaked what we would have seen was a huge detailed breakdown of the features we now already know. The holdback on the SDK was for nothing other than it wasn't ready. Windows Phone still appears to be a half hearted effort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo