AT&T announce the Windows Phone is coming soon

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I found that on Friday of last week. I was hoping it was a sign that it was actually coming soon, however that doesn't appear to be the case :(

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am constantly checking to see if AT&T will post any new about Windows Phone 8 so I can pre-order the NOKIA Lumia 920. It looks like that put it on their main page. When you click on the link, you can subscribe to an email list to notify you of Windows Phone news.

AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service
Appreciate the link and this is not to make you feel bad, but again we have AT&T giving us a NON-ANSWER. Coming soon doesn't tell us much.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
At this point people should refuse to buy any at&t WP to make a point that the lack of info is ridiculous, this is more than a farce now.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that AT&T would have a date by now... Especially with Ballmer mentioning on stage that the AT&T release dates would be coming "very soon." Alas nothing as of yet...

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I work in the IT industry and usually "coming soon" translates to: we have no idea....
At this point I didn't expect anything else from AT&T though. The way the handle WP8 is just plain ridiculous. Being an exclusive partner for the Lumia 920, and not even having any indication on a release date a day after the final hurdle (the official WP8 launch) is passed shows that they either have zero idea about how to launch a product or they simply don't care...

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I work in the IT industry and usually "coming soon" translates to: we have no idea....
At this point I didn't expect anything else from AT&T though. The way the handle WP8 is just plain ridiculous. Being an exclusive partner for the Lumia 920, and not even having any indication on a release date a day after the final hurdle (the official WP8 launch) is passed shows that they either have zero idea about how to launch a product or they simply don't care...
Yeah. What kind of Premier Partner is that?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
They must have got the phone industry handbook for "coming soon" and not the IT industry handbook for "coming soon".

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well no one is making us wait on the Nokia. This is a very important release for them.
If they screw up the price then they are screwed.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Funny if ATT is the premier why is Verizon the only one launching Data Sense with the new phones? ATT is just too big for their own good. As an ATT subscriber I like that I get just about any phone option I want, but they really throw their weight around.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I called BB to follow up on my pre-order & they're saying ship dates between 11/2 - 11/15. Pretty wide range-

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was reading the title and was thinking, "yep, that sounds about right."

Breaking news: Soon AT&T will make an announcement telling us that more information about WP8 will be coming soon.

I can't even get my head around this mess at this point.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm at the Build event now, we're getting a "special batch" version of the 920 tonight.

I talked to the Nokia guy here, all he said is that they are "unlocked", and when I asked about Verizon he said this:
They *may* work on LTE, but voice and text probably will not work. He then concluded with "These are a special batch, they are untested on Verizon and may or may not work."

He didn't say what, if anything, was different about these.
I neglected to ask about a 922 variant.

The attached picture is a box of 920's ready to be given away (off to the left is a pallet of Surface tablets as well).

Probably either that they don't support CDMA, or that Verizon refuses to activate any phone that isn't Verizon branded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise