Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a suggestion as well: The option to pin the forums themselves to the start/home screen, just as you can with other sections such as reviews, would be pretty awesome

I get an error ?could not connect to WPcentral.com the remote server returned an error: not found? on my cell, but I can access the site from my laptop pc
Same thing happens to me in low reception areas. The WPCentral app has a hard time hanging on to a data connection IMO, but I think that's more of a windows phone issue than anything that can be controlled. In low reception or poor data areas, sometimes the only thing that really wants to work on my phone is the built-in browser (which is odd) - most of my apps that rely on data have a hard time figuring out what's going on in those kinds of situations. My assumption is that can't be controlled or "fixed", maybe it has something to do with the way apps are allowed to pull data from the phone's connection? Not that I'm a developer or anything, just pointing out my experiences/observations/thoughts.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Mystic, tap and hold the forum tile in the browse section and you'll see the pin option :)

You're right about data connection, it's quality and the net code aren't really controlled by an app, all OS level

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Laura, is that the forum tile which has turned black? I've not got a device upgraded to 7.8 here but I'd suggest you unpin and re-pin the forums :)

Lukewarmchili

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPCentral Live Tile Not Working?

Since I updated my Lumia 900 to 7.8 I am having the same problem. I have also tried unpinning the tile and re-pinning. Also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I do have the tile set as the new small tile but I figured it would still show a number. I do still get toasts though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPCentral Live Tile Not Working?

I'm merging this thread, since there is another thread for this app in which the developer frequently checks and participates in.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Lukewarm, for some reason 7.8 treats tiles differently to how we were expecting so I'm not certain how the small tile is going to be treated. I'm working on a tile based update now, it's almost ready to go after I figure out a completely bizarre bug that's plaguing me at present

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Lukewarm, for some reason 7.8 treats tiles differently to how we were expecting so I'm not certain how the small tile is going to be treated. I'm working on a tile based update now, it's almost ready to go after I figure out a completely bizarre bug that's plaguing me at present

Will you also be adding the capability to Like comments in the forums from the app?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Will you also be adding the capability to Like comments in the forums from the app?

This is an issue with the Tapatalk API (you'll notice that other apps like Board Express can't do likes either) but if I have the time I will try and fix this myself.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
This new update crashes back to the Windows home screen when you swipe left and select wallpaper, apps. Sometimes it loads some pictures and than immediately crashes. The back button also crashes back to the home screen.

I have Nokia Lumia 620

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte