News post comments question

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I post a comment to a news article on the front page of WPCentral, if I refresh the page (or leave and come back) my comment disappears.

Am I not allowed to comment on things? Sometimes comments go through, most of the time it doesn't. I have no idea whats going on...

I've tried to ask a question 3 or 4 times in the NL920 for 49.99 article through the comment system and each time my post disappears and is no where to be found.

Thanks y'all!

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I also cannot do comments.

Also your Passport service does nothing but throw javascript errors.

PLEASE fix the authentication - the issues are making WP Central basically useless.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at the spam protection and both your names are not listed in the approval queue so the comments should be live. Try publish them again and let me know if you continue to have issues.

Can you also expand on "JavaScript issues"? Could you publish a screenshot of errors being reported?

lkaila

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at the spam protection and both your names are not listed in the approval queue so the comments should be live. Try publish them again and let me know if you continue to have issues.

I've also had this issue since the new site got live, tried both with IE and firefox. The comment is posted after many minutes of waiting, and even appears in the end of the comment list, but after you refresh the page it's gone. I've tried many times and on many computers.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've also had this issue since the new site got live, tried both with IE and firefox. The comment is posted after many minutes of waiting, and even appears in the end of the comment list, but after you refresh the page it's gone. I've tried many times and on many computers.

I'm seeing multiple comments (10+) from you, which is probably why the spam protection is picking yours up, be sure to only submit one at a time and ensure you wait out any delay in page loading - don't hit the submit button twice :giggle:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are my posts flagged to always be approved my admins on news articles?

It seems that not every mobile nations site has the same commenting system but I don't have a problem (it seems) posting to Android Central articles (for the contest). However, going through WPCentral and I think iMore are a different story...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb