Windows Phone Central Forums Upgrade - Overview & Bug Reporting!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmm... that COULD be the issue. Some new code may have been pushed to solve this problem... so for anyone else having the problem, if you can try uninstall/re-install and let me know if that solves the problem.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my comments on News posts. I'll comment, I'll see it on the story too, but if I refresh or return later, the comment is gone. I have two comments on one story right now (http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-camera-faceoff-nokia-lumia-920-vs-htc-8x) that didn't show when I opened a new tab for the story, but I'm looking at both of them right now. I've had this happen before, with comments that were long and that's frustrating. I'm using IE9 on W7.

Is anyone else having this issue???

EDIT: Here is a picture of one of them.

2012-11-24_2231.png

EDIT 2: Now I'm realizing that NONE of my comments on the recent Mobile Nations sweepstakes were registered either! So this ... whatever it is kept me from being entered into that huge giveaway! What's going on? I've been a part of this community for over a year and a half.

Who can I contact about getting this resolved? It's unfortunately too late now for me to possibly win a Surface or 8X ... but I'd still like it resolved. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else feel that finding information without sub-forums is totally tedious? Also, the threads keep going unnoticed because everything is merged now and unless you keep bumping your thread, chances are it will go unnoticed by most users because it is overwhelmingly pushed down by new posts.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be part of a larger problem... keep posting folks as you find any more commenting issues... browser and OS details, screenshots, anything else you can provide is appreciated.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just logged in to iMore to post in a thread. I logged out of iMore and got logged out here too.

Logging in to one forum doesn't log me in to all forums, yet logging out of one forum seems to log me out of all forums.

DJ Reyes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing shows up when I click on My Threads or My Posts. Just tells me there was nothing found. I don't know if that's because I'm new and only have two posts but I have no problems with those links in the other Mobile Nations' forums.

DJ Reyes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just logged in to iMore to post in a thread. I logged out of iMore and got logged out here too.

Logging in to one forum doesn't log me in to all forums, yet logging out of one forum seems to log me out of all forums.

I get this too. I don't know if it's because it's one login for all, so everything gets logged out. I know that you have to login for each forum but you also do not need to put in your credentials once you have entered it in once. It's just a case clicking on Login and you're logged in. I personally don't mind being logged into all.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
DJ,

Unfortunately that's the way it has to function for the time being.

What you're seeing there is expected, you can log into sites on an individual basis, but logging out will log you out of passport altogether!

A new user may only have their account activated on one or two sites in the network... therefore logging them in to ALL sites on login would prove to be a problem.

DJ Reyes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
James, I figured this was the case. I personally don't mind it. It makes sense. I do love Passport, the fact I can just click Login and that's it (provided I was already logged in).

DJ Reyes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was more lak611's concern. I was trying to reassure him that that just may be how Passport works. And then got confirmation from you :)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
@James Falconer
Maybe you can help me with this: I can sign in onto both Crackberry and Android Central using my nations passport Blkacesvf41 username no problem. On WP Central however, after signing in it shows me in the site under my old username "monzon5755". This was my username before linking my WP Central account to my passport. Btw, I don't have this problem when using the WPC app on my Lumia 822, it works perfectly. How can we fix this?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@James Falconer
Maybe you can help me with this: I can sign in onto both Crackberry and Android Central using my nations passport Blkacesvf41 username no problem. On WP Central however, after signing in it shows me in the site under my old username "monzon5755". This was my username before linking my WP Central account to my passport. Btw, I don't have this problem when using the WPC app on my Lumia 822, it works perfectly. How can we fix this?

When activating your WPCentral account via Passport... did you login as Blkacesvf41, then click the WPCentral logo from the 'your account' page (at the bottom) to activate?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
When activating your WPCentral account via Passport... did you login as Blkacesvf41, then click the WPCentral logo from the 'your account' page (at the bottom) to activate?

I'm pretty sure I did. After linking my WP account to my passport, I realized that I was already logged in on Crackberry during the linking process. Maybe this is why things went haywire? It's weird because when logged in, at the top right of the page it does say "Welcome Blkacesvf41" but then when I go in the forums I'm monzon5755. While at the top I'm still Blkaces. Btw, thanks for your help.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It 'could' be... sounds strange though.

Just try one thing for me... login as Blkacesvf41, and go to the 'your account' menu (under the gear) in Passport. If you haven't already, activate yourself on other Mobile Nations' sites by clicking on the icons at the bottom of the page.

Let me know what happens...

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It 'could' be... sounds strange though.

Just try one thing for me... login as Blkacesvf41, and go to the 'your account' menu (under the gear) in Passport. If you haven't already, activate yourself on other Mobile Nations' sites by clicking on the icons at the bottom of the page.

Let me know what happens...

Ok I did that and it shows that my 3 accounts (crackberry, android central and WP central) are already linked/activated. Should I create an account for iMore and then try to link it to see what happens?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)