Water in my phonescreeN! :(

davisorle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I am really not sure if this is the right place to post this but I REALLY really need some help here :(

We had some really extreme rain going on here in Greece like 3 days ago.. I was working at night so when I got out I was left in the storm with my motorcycle to return home. I didn't expect things to be that extreme in the streets so other than going scooba diving with my poor bike I didn't have the opportunity to even think the possibility of my caring bag to get any water inside of it even if closed.. I remembered to check like half hour later and my phone was soaking wet.

Good news is that its working perfectly fine. Ofc I turned it off right away after I realized that the screen was like a map. Literally. The white screen that welcomes you in the HTC phones came up and the white "map" was not just partially cloudy but also was half turned into a fishtank and the water is still trapped between the LCD screen and the glass panel. I laugh at that fact since its kinda funny but I really cant afford ( yet ) to upgrade to Lumia 920 :S

Any idea how to get the water out of there before I get to ordering a new screen and so on...?

Thank you in advance, Manos :)

davisorle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Already been doing that since day one. Its been 3 days full the least and the fishtank still full. The phone works perfectly fine. So the water is isolated in between the glass and the LCD panel like I said before :/ Found some tutorials how to remove the glass and replace if needed and Im good with fixing stuff but im wondering if anyone has a simpler solution to not risk and tear the screen apart :(

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a motorcyslist too, so I feel your pain. I learned after ruining a feature phone always carry a couple of ziplock bags for the electronics and wallet. The rice trick should work, although you may need to put it in a warmer location to make sure the remaining water gets out.

davisorle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm a motorcyslist too, so I feel your pain. I learned after ruining a feature phone always carry a couple of ziplock bags for the electronics and wallet. The rice trick should work, although you may need to put it in a warmer location to make sure the remaining water gets out.

I should of thought about it sooner and put them under the seat.. Thing is that its already been 3 days in the rise and the amount of water in the screen is still the same whenever I turn it on to check it. I cant understand how it got in there in the first place when it seems like there is no way out. Like airlocked or something -.- But yeah.. So far there is nothing more I can do. I actually spent all my money on ordering a Surface from the UK through a friend. Had to pay an extra 100Euros -.-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium