Podcast issue with WPCentral app?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I watched a bit of a podcast through the WPCentral app a few days back. Recently I paired up the Bluetooth in my vehicle and ever since then the podcast starts playing when I shut the vehicle off. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to stop this behavior? Can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the podcast now either, whenever I go to the podcast applet I get brought to the paused place and would just like to delete it or get back to a podcast directory list and can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi GreenScrew,

From the sounds of it you were watching the podcast so therefore using the video player of the app rather than background streaming the audio only? If that's the case then could you tell me if you used the SD or HD option?

If it is video you were using I suspect that it's the most recent video in your phone (if you go to music and videos it'll be there as most recent item perhaps?) and for some reason is being triggered to resume by your bluetooth device. Very odd but could be a bug in the bluetooth stack.

I'd suggest a soft reset first (turning your phone off then on again) just to make sure that your active history is not loaded in the player, then to try playing some other kind of video and see if the problem still happens with that video. In which case it's a bug to report to Microsoft.

Thanks,
Jay

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the response Jay! Unfortunately, I had already "rebooted" since posting this and it resolved the issue. I agree, it seems related to the Bluetooth stack and the "feature" that last playing remains with no real way to close it out. I'll play around with other music apps and videos but I haven't noticed it before and I have used Slacker, iHeart Radio, MetroTube, etc...

I was using the integrated (I guess?) podcast player as I don't watch any other podcasts so don't have any other apps. And have no idea or at least don't remember the configuration/settings, so I guess whatever is default was used. The odd thing is that going back in to the podcast section of the WPCentral app I couldn't figure out how to go back to a list of podcasts I could only watch the podcast that I had started. Just always brings up that active podcast. Maybe I'm too much of a podcast newbie to understand how it should work on the WP.

If I notice similar behavior I'll see if I can sort out the conditions and circumstances causing it and post back here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss