Editorials, commentaries and opinions

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, why don't we see more commentary on WPCentral? It seems like it's just one news story after another, which is fine because I like to know the latest, but some opinion would be nice. I'm not talking opinion on a news article, or app review, but something in an editorial type fashion. You know, something like "Surface RT: laptop, tablet or neither", and share thoughts based on personal use. Or maybe "Does Windows 8 needs Google to create apps for it to succeed". Both good candidates for editorials that would create good discussion.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
It's a fair request and we do have more editorials than any Windows Phone site I know of. They can always be found here: Editorials | Windows Phone Central

Though to make it easier, we'll be creating a permanent category on the top of the front page and maybe within in the app for next release. As you can see, we often have 1 to 2 lengthy pieces a week, though you may miss them.

Right now it's hard for us since so much news and app updates are happening, it's hard to make time to write longer pieces. But hopefully we can do more in the near future.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I did miss them. Thanks for pointing out the link. I know if I don't check the site frequently that I miss a lot of stuff, which in a way is good because that means the popularity of Windows Phone is growing.

Also, George Ponder does a great job on the app reviews.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nick,

You're right... Dan, George and the entire WPC team do a pretty amazing job covering everything Windows Phone.

You need to check the site more often, that way you won't miss anything! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos