WPCentral app for android

soumitro316

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have an Omnia W and use the WPCentral app on it and love it but the thing is that i also have a Nexus 7 which i use a lot so it would be awesome if somehow there could be an app for android as well....im sure others agree too:)..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but what I think the OP wants is a WPCentral app to use on his/her Android device. It sounds like he/she has a Windows Phone and an Android tablet (Nexus 7), and he/she would like to have the WPCentral app available when he/she uses the Nexus 7 tablet rather than the Windows Phone.

Believe it or not, there is an Android Central app for Windows Phone. Granted, it's nothing special, but it does exist. Android Central | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just a note, that android central app isn't official or developed by any of us, it's a simple RSS reader.

As for an android app, it's not something which is high on the list of priorities in honesty. I'd never say never, but it's unlikely

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll say this, the official apps (WPCentral, AndroidCentral, iMore, and CrackBerry) are ONLY available on their platform. So WPCentral for WP, iMore for iPhone (and by definition iPod Touch and iPad too), etc. I think it should stay this way too.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
OP, there's no Android app for this site but you can get a comparable experience with an RSS reader for the WPCentral mainpage and the Tapatalk Android app for these forums.

Seriously guys, this was an easy answer to his question. Can't believe it took this long for him to get a decent response.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
OP, there's no Android app for this site but you can get a comparable experience with an RSS reader for the WPCentral mainpage and the Tapatalk Android app for these forums.

Seriously guys, this was an easy answer to his question. Can't believe it took this long for him to get a decent response.

He was asking for an official WPCentral app on Android.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
He was asking for an official WPCentral app on Android.
The creator if the WPCentral app on WINDOWS PHONE itself just said he doesn't see it happening, so all the person you quoted was suggesting is an alternative. He can get a WP central RSS feed and a Tapatalk app for the WPCentral forum and kind of recreate the experience.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The creator if the WPCentral app on WINDOWS PHONE itself just said he doesn't see it happening, so all the person you quoted was suggesting is an alternative. He can get a WP central RSS feed and a Tapatalk app for the WPCentral forum and kind of recreate the experience.

While I accept that, I was just trying to make the point clear that he had been asking for one. Plus, remember the person who posted it made negative assumptions about the rest of us. We were all reading it as asking for the official WPCentral app on Android. That is why we commented as such and we shouldn't be flamed or otherwise attacked either directly or indirectly (including through subtle undertones) for that.

soumitro316

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What I meant was is there an official WPCentral app for android so i can keep up with windows phone news even on my tablet...anyways thanks for all your suggestions about RSS feed and taptalk:)

SpiralBorg

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Would love an WPcentral app, I use the Android Crackberry app, and Android Central apps, and use them when I can. Dont have an account for imore, or WebOS Community yet, though.
Using an app, for me, is a easier why to visit forums, rather than RSS feeds or checking it in a browser.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather a forum app like Tapatalk made for WPC. BoardExpress sucks and the WPC Central app is only for WPC.

I'd definitely buy the WPC app if it were on other platforms though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6