Suggestion: change name of "Marketplace Apps" forum to "Windows Phone Store Apps" forum

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Suggestion: change name of "Marketplace Apps" forum to "Windows Phone Store Apps" forum

Since Microsoft's app store is now officially called "Windows Phone Store", not "Marketplace", could we have the forum "Marketplace Apps" changed to "Windows Phone Store Apps" to correctly represent Microsoft's terminology?

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Suggestion: change name of "Marketplace Apps" forum to "Windows Phone Store Apps" forum

I concur probably best to keep it in line with whatever MS is calling things these days even if they are not consistent with their branding.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Re: Suggestion: change name of "Marketplace Apps" forum to "Windows Phone Store Apps" forum

Thanks for the suggestion this really needed to be updated. After some discussion we decided to go a different way. We are getting rid of the word marketplace and since the forums are under the WP stuff header we don't even need WP in their title. So now its just Apps and Games. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion this really needed to be updated. After some discussion we decided to go a different way. We are getting rid of the word marketplace and since the forums are under the WP stuff header we don't even need WP in their title. So now its just Apps and Games. Thanks again for the suggestion.

You're welcome. I like the new titles. That will be applicable even if Microsoft decides to rename its store again.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Having trouble accessing that section now. Sometimes when the page loads it shows as Apps, sometimes as Marketplace Apps, sometimes as Windows Phone Apps and leads to a dead link 90% of the time since this morning. Have tried clearing my cache and it still happens.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Having trouble accessing that section now. Sometimes when the page loads it shows as Apps, sometimes as Marketplace Apps, sometimes as Windows Phone Apps and leads to a dead link 90% of the time since this morning. Have tried clearing my cache and it still happens.

I can duplicate the issue. I'm running Firefox Nightly in Windows 8 Pro x64.

Capture2_zps74a8f2bb.png

Same thing in IE10.

Capture3_zpse12d17aa.png

Same thing in Opera 12.12 x64

Capture4_zpsf5077db8.png

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Google news? :wink:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

All problems with those links should be fixed now. Noticed them tonight and patched them up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett